The new Tenax® GR is a composite material of Tenax® TA and 30% graphite. The resulting material gives a higher breakthrough volume for most volatile organics, yet still has a low affinity for water. In addition Tenax GR maintains its high temperature stability to 350 degrees C. These properties make Tenax GR an ideal adsorbent for the trapping of volatiles from air, water and solid samples. Using thermal desorption techniques such as the S.I.S. Purge and Trap system in conjunction with the Short Path Thermal Desorption System, detection of volatile organics in the ppb and ppt level is feasible. Due to its low affinity for water, Tenax GR is especially useful for the purging of volatiles from high moisture content samples including the analysis of volatile organic compounds in water. Since its density is twice that of Tenax TA, this enables a larger amount of the Tenax GR resin to be placed inside the desorption tube, thereby increasing the ability to retain volatiles on a small resin bed.
Before use it is recommended that Tenax GR be thermally conditioned with a high purity gas at elevated temperatures to remove any residual components using the following procedure. It is important that no oxygen be permitted to enter the Tenax TA material when it is at elevated temperatures. See Conditioning Instructions.
- Trap Volatiles from Air, Liquids and Solids
- High Breakthrough Volumes for Low Molecular Weight Volatiles
- High Temperature Limit of 350 degrees C
- Low Affinity for Water
- Contains 30% Graphite in Tenax
- Superior Trapping of Volatiles
- Chemical Structure or Name: 2,6-diphenylene-oxide polymer resin plus 30% graphite
- Temperature Limit: 350 degrees C
- Affinity for Water: low
- Specific Surface Area: 24.1 sq. m/g
- Pore Volume: 2.4 cc/g
- Average Pore Size: 200 nm
- Density: 0.55 g/cc
- Mesh size: 60/80 mesh
- Purge and Trap of Volatiles from Water
- Trapping Volatiles from Environmental Air
- Trapping Volatiles from Human Breath
- Trapping Flavors and Frangrances from Plants and Commercial Products
- Trapping of Volatiles from Soil (PNA's and PCB's)
- Personal Exposure Monitoring
|Part No.||Size (g)||Quantity
|979401||5.0||0*Lead time for this non-stock item is approximately 7 days.||$143.15|
|979402||10.0||0*Lead time for this non-stock item is approximately 7 days.||$265.62|
|979403||25.0||0*Lead time for this non-stock item is approximately 7 days.||$616.25|
|979404||100||0†Standard lead-time for non-stock items is approximately two weeks depending on the item.||$2306.25|
|979405||500||0†Standard lead-time for non-stock items is approximately two weeks depending on the item.||$10812.50|
* Lead time for this non-stock item is approximately 7 days. |
† Standard lead-time for non-stock items is approximately two weeks depending on the item.
|Ordering information. International (non-US) prices available through your local dealer.|
- Tenax® GR Breakthrough Volume Data Tenax® GR is a porous polymer resin based on 2,6-diphenylene-oxide plus 30% Graphite.