- GCColumns Fused Silica Tubing Instrument Tubing Injection Port Liners Septa by Manufacturer SIS GC Cryo-Traps Ferrules Valves Swagelok® Fittings Pyrolysis Probe Accessories Gas Generators Gas Regulators Gas Purifiers and Filters Syringes SGE MEPS™-Micro Extraction by Packed Sorbent Purge and Trap System SGE SilFlow™ Stainless Steel Micro-Fluidic Platform Accessories NIST GC RI Library Other GC Supplies Catalog Page D1
- Gas Regulators (GC)Model 3530 Series - Single Stage Purity Brass Regulator Model 3510 Series - Single Stage High Purity Stainless Steel Regulators Model 3120 Series - Dual Stage Purity Brass Regulator Model 3810 Series - Dual Stage High Purity Stainless Steel Regulators Tescom Gas Line Regulators 3420 Series Tescom Gas Line Regulators 3450 Series Concoa In-Line Regulators Model 304 Series Concoa In-Line Regulators Model 324 Series
- GC Columns
- Instrument Tubing
- SGE GC Capillary Columns (This Page)
- BP1 Capillary Columns - Dimethyl Polysiloxane technology.
- BPX1 A 100% polydimethylsiloxane non-polar column for Simulated Distillation in the petroleum industry.
- BPX5 An MS-Premium, low bleed column with a maximum temperature up to 370 °C.
- BP5 A general purpose phase with excellent high temperature characteristics.
- HT5 Unique high temperature phase suited for simulated distillation and other petroleum applications.
- HT8 Unique high temperature phase suited for the analysis of PolyChlorinated Biphenyl (PCB) congeners.
- BP10 This phase has been selected with a polarity suited for the separation of organochlorine pesticides listed in the EPA 608 and 8081 methods.
- BPX35 An MS-Premium, low bleed column with a maximum temperature up to 370 °C.
- BPX50 An MS-Premium, low bleed column with a maximum temperature up to 370 °C.
(WAX)A very polar phase suited to the analysis of alcohols, ketones and aldehydes.
- BP21 A very polar phase suited to the analysis of free fatty acids.
- BPX70 A MS-Premium, low bleed column with a maximum temperature up to 260 °C.
- BPX90 Forte BPX90 is the latest development in high performance GC Capillary Columns from SGE.
- BPX608 35% Phenyl Polysilphenylene-siloxane
- BP624 A polar phase used for EPA volatile organics analysis
- BP1-PONA Columns designed for the analysis of petroleum products
- SolGel-1ms™ A new robust, high temperature column for mass spectrometers.
- SolGel-WAX™ The world's highest temperature WAX capillary column (300 °C)
- CYDEX-B Permethylated Beta Cyclodextrin (Chiral)
|Phase||Description||Phase Attribute||Polarity||Operation Temp.|
|BP1||100% Dimethyl polysiloxane||General-purpose column; low bleed||Non-polar||0.1-1.0um -60C to 340/360C; 1.5-5.0um -60C to 280/300C|
|BPX1||100% dimensionally stabilized methylpolysiloxane||Ideal for simulated distillations (e.g. ASTM D2887 in the petroleum industry)||Non-polar||0.1um film to 430C; 0.9um film to 400C; 2.65um film to 370C|
|BPX5||5% Phenyl polysilphenylene-siloxane||Ideal for GC-MS, ECD; Ultra low bleed||Non-polar||-40C to 360/370C|
|BP5||5% Phenyl 95% Dimethyl polysiloxane||General purpose column; Low bleed||Non-polar||0.25-1.5um 340/350C; >=1.5um 280/300C|
|HT5||5% Phenyl polysiloxane-carborane||High temperature; Well suited to the petroleum; C5-C120 anaylsis||Non-polar||Polyimide Clad 0.1-1.0um 10C to 380/400C; Aluminum Clad 0.1-0.5um 10C to 460/480C|
|HT8||8% Phenyl polysiloxane-carborane||Ideal for PCB analysis; Low bleed||Non-polar||0.1-1.0um -20C to 360/370C|
|BP10||14% Cyanopropylphenyl||Used in environmental analysis; Low bleed||Moderately polar||-20C to 280/300C|
|BPX35||35% Phenyl polysilphenylene-siloxane||Ultra low bleed; Ideal for pesticides/herbicides||Moderately polar||0.1-1.0um 0C to 360/370C|
|BPX50||50% Phenyl polysilphenylene-siloxane||Ultra low bleed; Ideal for pharmaceuticals||Moderately polar||0.1-1.0um 0C to 360/370C|
|BP20 (WAX)||Polyethylene glycol||Suitable for use in GC-MS systems; alcohols/free acids||Polar||0.1-<1.0um 20C to 260/280C; >=1.0um 240/260C|
|BP21||Polyethylene glycol (TPA treated)||Bonded FFAP; alcohols/free acids||Polar||0.1-1.0m 35C to 240/260C|
|BPX70||70% Cyanopropyl polysilphenylene-siloxane||Optimized for FAME; Low bleed||Highly polar||0.1-1.0um 50C to 250/260C|
|BPX608||35% Phenyl polysilphenylene-siloxane||Optimized for separation of EPA 608 Organics Chlorinated Pesticides||Moderately polar||0C to 360/370C|
|BP624||Cyanopropylphenyl Dimethyl polysiloxane||Optimized for analysis of EPA drinking water target components||Slightly polar||1.4um - 0C to 230/240C; 1.8um - 0C to 230/240C; 3.0um - 0C to 230/240C|
|BP1-PONA||100% Dimethyl polysiloxane||Optimized for the analysis of gasoline hydrocarbons||Non-polar||-60C to 280/300C|
|SolGel-1ms™||100% Dimethyl polysiloxane in a Sol-Gel matrix||High temperature inert GC-MS column||Non-polar||0C to 380C|
|SolGel-WAX™||Polyethylene glycol in a Sol-Gel matrix||High temperature inert column Ideal for GC-MS||Polar||30C to 300C|
|CYDEX-B||Permethylated Beta-cyclodextrin in OV1701||Chiral separations||---||30C to 220/240C|
- Choose the least polar phase that will perform the separation you require.
- Choose SOLGEL-WAX™ to separate compounds such as alcohols, ketones, aldehydes and esters.
- The 5% phenyl columns (BPX5) can be used in 90% of all separations.
Effect of stationary phase. BTEX analysis on two phases of columns. 30m x 0.25mm ID x 0.25um film (SGE).
- The smaller the diameter, the faster the analysis.
- 0.25mm ID columns are suitable for most applications, especially GC-MS.
Effect of internal diameter. Polynuclear Aromatic Hydrocarbon (PAH) analysis (SGE).
- 0.25um films are standard.
- Use >= 0.5um films for volatile compounds.
- Thicker film columns will result in longer run times but better resolution.
Effect of film thickness (SGE).
- Doubling the column length improves resolution by 40%.
- 30 meter columns are standard.
- Choose short columns for active compounds.
Effect of length (SGE).