- Lab/CleanMicro-Mesh® (Fine Cushioned Abrasive) Aluminum Oxide Cleaning Abrasive Fiberglass Cleaning Brushes Swabs and Applicators Nylon and Latex Gloves Cleaning Wipes SIS MS Source Cleaning Kits Dust-Off® Hurricane Canless Air System Wheaton Bottles Wheaton Vials Wheaton Closures Sterile Vials - Bottle, Stopper, and Cap - All Together Certified Sterile Kimble Chase Clear Serum Vials Soil Sampling Kits Crimpers and Decappers Temperature Measurement & Recording Devices Bullet Blender® Homogenizer The SW 110 Multi-Purpose Spot Welder New Era Syringe Pump Systems KD Scientific Syringe Pump Systems Ohaus MB Series Moisture Analyzers Celestron® Handheld Digital Microscope (HDM) Checkit® Pipette Accuracy Test Greenwood Lab Supplies Next Advance Lab Products Catalog Page G1
- MSAgilent Bruker Extrel JEOL Kratos Perkin Elmer SCIEX Shimadzu Thermo Varian Waters (Micromass/VG) FLIR/Griffin Inficon/Leybold/Balzers MKS/UTI Hiden Dupont/CEC Nermag Vestec Filaments Heaters/Sensors Wire Material Electron Multipliers Probe/Sample Vials Ion Transfer Tubes Calibration Compounds MALDI-TOF Supplies Ceramic Insulators Cleaning Supplies Other Filament Repair Source Cleaning Transfer Line Repair GC Injection Port Repair Vacuum Feedthru Repair Other Repair Services NIST MS Library Wiley MS Libraries SIMION® 8.1 Catalog Page A1 Catalog Page B1
- MS Cleaning SuppliesSIS MS Source Cleaning Kits Micro-Mesh® Aluminum Oxide Cleaning Abrasive Swabs and Applicators Nylon and Latex Gloves Disposable Lint Free Wipes Validated Sterile Wipes Polycellulose 45/55 Blend Cloth Fiberglass Cleaning Brushes Dust-Off® Hurricane Canless Air System Jet Separator Cleaning Tools
- Micro-Mesh® (Fine Cushioned Abrasive) (This Page)
The Micro-Mesh® "cushioned" abrasives are surface finishing products which provide superior finishes for a wide range of materials
The Micro-Mesh products enhance the performance, life and appearance of materials and products in virtually every industry. These "cushioned", long lasting fine abrasives provide the ultimate finishes and desired results to manufacturers, scientists, hobbyists and consumers. Micro-Mesh finishing Products are now available in a wide selection including sheets, rolls, discs and many more listed on the side. For added convenience, a numerous "Kits" are available which are designed for specific applications.
Made in USA
- Sheets Micro-Mesh is available in three grades (Regular - MX - AO).
- Rolls Micro-Mesh is available in three grades (Regular - MX - AO).
- Discs Micro-Mesh is available in three grades (Regular - MX - AO).
- Pads Micro-Mesh is available in three grades (Regular - MX - AO).
- Nail Files Micro-Mesh is available in three grades (Regular - MX - AO).
- Tufbuf Micro-Mesh® TUFBUF Pads
- Micro-Gloss Micro-Mesh® Main Page
- Tape If indexed properly, Micro-Mesh® can polish up to 5 cams/crankshafts more than competitive products.
- Belts Micro-Mesh is available in three grades (Regular - MX - AO).
- Sanding Swabs The Micro-Mesh® Swabs are used for anything from polymer clay to porcelain, plastics, and more.
- Polishing Tool Micro-Mesh® Blue Hand Tool
- Quick-Shine Buffers Double-sided buffers featuring Ultra-Flex® Micro-Mesh® Regular abrasive.
- Kits - Plastic
(power)Micro-Mesh® Acrylic Plastic Restoration Kits for use with power tools
- Kits - Plastic
(hand)Micro-Mesh® Acrylic Plastic Hand Kits
- Kits - Craftsman, Wood, Metal Micro-Mesh® Craftsman Kits
- Kits - Automotive & Headlight Restoration Kits Micro-Mesh® Headlight Lens Restoral Kits
- Kits - Aircraft Window The following Micro-Mesh Kits have been developed to remove haze, cloudiness and fine scratches from acrylic headlight lenses.
- Reference - Grit Size Micro-Mesh® Grit Size Conversion Chart
- Reference - MSDS Sheets, Brochures, Instructions, Kits Micro-Mesh® Literature Reference Page
- "Cushioned" Abrasive Achieves Superior Finishes
- Available in Many Sizes and Styles
- Less Loading
- Long Life
- Uniform Scratch Pattern
- Low Heat Build-Up
- No Resin Deposit
For Use On
- Stainless Steel and Other Metals
- Restoring Aircraft Windows to Optical Clarity
- Polish and Clean Metals, Plastics and Painted Surfaces
- Polish Stainless Steel, Copper and Aluminum
- Wood finishing and Restoration
- Metal Finishing
- Door Hardware
- Musical Instruments
- Painted Metals
- Plumbing Fixtures
- Acrylic Tubs and Sinks
- Kitchen Countertops
- Bowling Balls
- Automotive Paint Finishing
- Helmet Face Plates and Safety Shields
- Gel-Coated Fiberglass Boats, Hot Tubs, etc.
- Plastic Models
- Gun Stocks and Barrels
- Acrylic Art
- Guitars and Violins
- Mass Spec and SEM Source Cleaning
- Polishing MS Probes
- Surgical Tools
Headlight restoration kits
Micro-Mesh® Kits remove haze, cloudiness and fine scratches from acrylic headlight lenses, making crystal clear headlights.
From medical devices to engine components, musical instruments and countless other manufactured parts, micro-Mesh is the optimum finishing medium. Micro-Mesh provides superior surface qualities and reduced steps, on a wide range of materials.
Micro-Mesh is made with a flexible cloth backing, topped with a layer of especially formulated latex. Silicone carbide or aluminum oxide crystals are bonded with a flexible glue. The various sizes of abrasive grit are adhered on the cloth backing ins such a manner that the crystals are held in a resilient matrix, as opposed to a hard matrix (such as what is normally used in sandpaper or emery cloth). When contact pressure is applies to the work piece, Micro-Mesh crystals recede and rotate slightly to present their sharp cutting edges evenly across the surface, cutting together on the same plane with a positive rake. Because the crystals can move back into the cushion, a very fine scratch pattern is produced with a relatively large crystal. The result is a uniform, even surface pattern the requires fewer aggressive steps to produce the final finish. The larger crystals and the flexible glue bond result in longer lasting material the resists loading and heat build up. The result is reduced polishing time and production of the finest uniform scratch patter with the most economical process. For additional details on Micro-Mesh, see the Description notes listed on the side under References.
The normal procedures for polishing with Micro-Mesh involves the use of a range of abrasive sheets. By beginning the the coarser grits and successively using finer grits, mirror finishes can be obtained. The starting grit size is determined by how deep the scratches or imperfections are on the item being polished. A wide range of grit sizes from 80 microns down to less than 2 micros are available.
Three (3) Grades of Micro-Mesh are now available
- Micro-Mesh Regular (silicone carbide grit with standard backing) - The standard grade of Micro-Mesh used for the majority of operations on plastics, paints, wood and most metals and polymers. It is used to produce a uniformly smooth surface and bring the surface to a high gloss finish. Available in grades 1500 to 12000 (30 to 2 microns).
- Micro-Mesh MX (silicone carbide grit with heavier backing) - This grade of Micro-Mesh is similar the standard grade except that it has a slightly stiffer cloth backing and has several coarser grits available. Primarily used on metals to bring the surface to a micro finish. Using a combination of one or more of the MX series, a sub 1.0 micro-inch RA can be achieved. Available in grades 80MS to 1200MX 945 to 3 microns).
- Micro-Mesh Aluminum Oxide (aluminum oxide grit) - This grade of Micro-Mesh was designed specifically for finishing aluminum and other solid surfaces. Available in grades 1500 AO to 12000 AO (30 to 2 microns).
Formats and Sizes
Micro-Mesh Formats and Sizes
Micro-Mesh is available in a wide range of formats including sheets, rolls, belts and triangles which can be seen the the hyperlinks in the side. They are also available attached to a wide range of stiff backed products including the handy file boards. In addition Micro-Mesh is available in discs and triangles (available in unbacked, PSA sticky backed and with loop backing) for use with power driven tools.
A number of pre-packaged kits for specific applications are also available, including kits for acrylic finishing, wood finishing, metal finishing and a general universal hobby kit. Each kit contains a combination of Micro-Mesh Regular, Micro-Mesh MX and /or Micro-Gloss specifically designed for an application.
Micro-Mesh is available in three grades (Regular - MX - AO), in a wide selection of Grits and in a wide variety of formats including sheets (for convenient use), rolls (for higher volume users), discs (for power tools), belts and tapes.