- TD Supply Kit When ordering the Short Path Thermal Desorption System, a wide range of systems and accessories are available depending on the application requirements of the user.
- Desorption Tubes After conditioning and sample loading, the ends of the tubes are fitted with stainless steel caps with seals to maintain the integrity of the medium and sample.
- Adsorbent Resins A wide variety of adsorbent resins are available from many suppliers and manufacturers.
- Desorption Tube Needles In the Short Path Thermal Desorption System, the needle serves as the transfer line for sample introduction into the Gas Chromatograph from the Glass Lined Thermal Desorption Tube containing the samples being analyzed.
- Desorption Tube Seals Seals are utilized in a variety of locations in the Short Path Thermal Desorption Unit.
- Desorption System Fittings Fittings to connect our 1/4" O.D. GLT desorption tubes to your particular application.
- GC Cryo-Trap Cryo-cooling and heating trap for the cryo-focusing of volatiles and semivolatiles at the head of GC capillary columns.
- Extraction Cell The Extraction Cell system consists of two stainless steel plates which are separated by an inter-changeable PTFE insert.
- Wheaton Purge and Trap System The Wheaton Purge and Trap Apparatus is widely used for the isolation of pollutants in soil, sediment, waste water, and other solid and liquid samples by purging a clean gas over and thru the sample contained therein and trapping the purged volatiles on adsorbent traps.
- TD Sample Loader This device is used to inject or load liquid samples directly into the S.I.S. Thermal Desorption Tubes, forcing the syringe contents onto the adsorbent resins in the desorption tube without any loss of sample due to back evaporation.
- Prepacked, Conditioned Desorption Tubes All packed Thermal Desorption Tubes are Silco™ Coated S.S. tubes.
- Desorption Tube Packing Accessories Tubes, Tap & Die, Neolube and more for the SPTD.
- Stainless Steel Purge Heads The top fitting of both purge heads consists of a 1/16" fitting for the attachment of the sparging needle followed by needle adaptor to seal the needle in place and provide for the attachment of the purging gas line.
- Injection Port Liners These new Low Dead Volume Injection Port Liners have been specifically designed for use with the Scientific Instrument Services Short Path Thermal Desorption System but could also be utilized with other injection systems and techniques.
- Tenax TA Poster Tenax TA is a porous polymer resin based on 2,6-diphenylene-oxide.
- TD Application Notes Analysis of low moisture solid matrix samples by thermally extracting the volatile and semi-volatile organics directly from the solid matrix without the use of solvents or other sample preparation.
- Customer Service The staff of scientists and technicians at Scientific Instrument Services can provide our customers and potential customers with technical assistance on the use of the Short Path Thermal Desorption System.
- GC Cryo-Traps - The GC Cryo-Trap is used to cryo-focus volatiles at the front of the GC column in a narrow band for subsequent heating and release. Two models are available (CO2 and Liquid Nitrogen). The GC Cryo-Trap is recommended for optimum results for the trapping of the lower molecular weight volatiles.
- Thermal Desorption Conditioning System - Used to bake out and condition desorption tubes and needle transfer lines at high temperature with gas flow. Assures that no contamination originates from your desorption tubes and needles. A 6 Tube Conditioning Oven and a 24 Tube Conditioning Oven are available.
- Sample Collection System - Used to purge volatiles off 1 to 20 gram size solid samples onto adsorbent resin traps for subsequent analysis via the thermal desorption system. Used for the analysis of high water content solid samples or when very low detection levels of volatiles is required.
- SIS Purge and Trap System - Used to Purge Volatiles from liquid and solid samples onto adsorbent resin traps. This low cost system is ideal for volatiles in beverages, water and other samples requiring a sample between 1.o mL and 25 mL to be used.
- Wheaton Purge and Trap System - Similar to the above but two size vessels are available for larger samples (100 mL and 1.0 liter). Used when lower levels of analysis are required and for the analysis of plant and flower material.
- Air Sampling Pump - A small, field portable personal sampling pump for the collection of volatiles from air samples onto adsorbent resin traps. This pump can handle the backpressure needed for packed thermal desorption tubes and can be set to accurately and reproducibility pump samples at flow rates from 5 to 200 mL per minute.
- Thermal Desorption Sample Loader - Used to inject liquid samples or internal standards in solution onto the adsorbent resin trap. Assures total delivery of the sample to the adsorbent resin without any loss due to evaporation.
- Gillibrator Air Flow Calibration System - A primary air flow calibration system to calibrate systems for both positive and negative flows.
Accessories and Supplies
- Silco Coated SS Desorption Tubes - Silco Coated, inert wall for packing with adsorbent resins or the direct introduction of solid samples for all SIS TD systems
- Extraction Cells - Stainless Steel extraction cells were designed as an extraction cell for FDA migration studies in food and pharmaceutical packaging materials.
- Heated Thermal Desorption Sampling Chambers - Chambers are used to contain large solid matrix samples.
- Desorption Tubes, Needles, and Accessories for AutoDesorb
- Tenax® TA Adsorbent Resins for use with thermal desorption tubes.
- Tenax® GR Adsorbent Resin for use with thermal desorption tubes
- Adsorbent Resins for Thermal Desorption Applications
- Desorption Tube Packing Accessories - Funnels, cleaning brushes, spatula, tread cleaners, etc.
- Desorption Tube Seals - We recommend a double seal consisting of a graphite seal followed by a graphitized Vespel® seal.
- Desorption Tube Needles - We recommend the side port needle transfer lines to eliminate septum coring.
- Desorption System Fittings - A wide selection of fittings for adapting thermal desorption tubes to other equipment.
- SIS Purge and Trap System - Used to Purge Volatiles from liquid and solid samples onto adsorbent resin traps. This low cost system is ideal for volatiles in beverages, water and other samples requiring a sample between 1.0 mL and 25 mL to be used.
- Purge and Trap System Accessories - Glass Purging Vials, purging needles and heating mantels for use with the Purge and Trap System.
- Injection Port Liners - These low dead volume liners provide for better heat transfer to the thermal desorption needle and therefore assure better delivery of the higher molecular weight compounds to the GC.
- Tenax TA Poster - The breakthrough volumes for 200 organic analytes at temperatures from 0 degrees to 300 degrees are listed for easy reference.
- AutoDesorb Accessories
- Thermal Desorption Application Notes - Complete Listing
- Custom Sample Analysis by SIS - Contract Sample Analysis or TD Demonstration is available
Tenax® is a registered trademark of Buchem BV.