- LiteratureApplication Notes Adsorbent Resins Guide Mass Spec Tips SDS Sheets FAQ MS Calibration Compound Spectra Manuals MS Links/Labs/ Organizations MS Online Tools Flyers on Products/Services Scientific Supplies Catalog About Us NextAdvance Bullet Blender® Homogenizer Protocols Micro-Mesh® Literature Instrumentation Literature Agilent GC/MS Literature SIS News / E-Mail Newsletter NIST MS Database - Update Notifications
- MSAgilent Bruker Extrel JEOL Kratos Perkin Elmer SCIEX Shimadzu Thermo Varian Waters (Micromass/VG) FLIR/Griffin Inficon/Leybold/Balzers MKS/UTI Hiden Dupont/CEC Nermag Vestec Filaments Heaters/Sensors Wire Material Electron Multipliers Probe/Sample Vials Ion Transfer Tubes Calibration Compounds MALDI-TOF Supplies Ceramic Insulators Cleaning Supplies Other Filament Repair Source Cleaning Transfer Line Repair GC Injection Port Repair Vacuum Feedthru Repair Other Repair Services NIST MS Library Wiley MS Libraries SIMION® 8.1 Catalog Page A1 Catalog Page B1
- Probe/Sample Vials
- Reference Material on InstrumentationArticle - A High Temperature Direct Probe for a Mass Spectrometer Design of a Direct Exposure Probe and Controller for use ona Hewlett-Packard 5989 Mass Spectrometer SIS AP1000 AutoProbe™ SIS AP2000 AutoProbe™ - Description of System HPP7: Direct Probe Electronics Console HPP7: Direct Probe for the Agilent (HP) 5973/5975 MSD HPP7: HP Direct Probe Application Notes HPP7: Installation Directions for the Direct Probe HPP7: Side Cover for the HP 5973 MSD HPP7: Support HPP7: Probe Inlet System for the Agilent (HP) 5973 and 5975 MSD with Automatic Indexed Stops HPP7: Theory of Operation of the Direct Probe and Probe Inlet System Direct Thermal Extraction Thermal Desorption Application Notes Environmental Thermal Desorption Application Notes Food Science Thermal Desorption Application Notes Forensic Thermal Desorption Application Notes GC Cryo-Trap Application Notes Headspace Application Notes Purge & Trap Thermal Desorption Application Notes Theory of Operation of the AutoDesorb® System AutoDesorb Notes for SIS Dealers Adsorbent Resin Application Notes Installation of the Short Path Thermal Desorption System on Agilent (HP) and Other GCs Installation of the Short Path Thermal Desorption System on a Varian 3400 GC AutoDesorb® System Development Team Thermal Desorption Applications and Reference Materials Installation of the Short Path Thermal Desorption System - TD5 Part I - Design & Operation of the Short Path ThermalDesorption System Installation Instructions for the Model 951 GC Cryo-Trap on the HP 5890 Series GC Installation Instructions for the Model 961 GC Cryo-Trap on the HP 5890 Series GC Operation of the Model 951/961 GC Cryo-Trap SIS GC Cryo Traps - Theory of Operation NIST/EPA/NIH Mass Spectral Enhancements - 1998 version (NIST98) SIMION 3D Ion Optics Class Mass Spectrometer Source Cleaning Methods MS Tip: Mass Spectrometer Source Cleaning Procedures Mass Spec Source Cleaning Procedures Micro-Mesh® Abrasive Sheets Research Papers Using New Era Syringe Pump Systems EI Positive Ion Spectra for Perfluorokerosene (PFK) Cap Liner Information How do I convert between fluid oz and milliliters? Which bottle material should I choose? Which bottle mouth should I choose? The Bottle Selection Guide CGA Connections for Gas Tanks BenchTop/PBM Mass Spectrometry Library Search System Chemical Reaction Interface Mass Spectrometry (CRIMS)
- HPP7: Direct Probe Electronics Console (This Page)
- Controls Heating and Cooling of the Direct Probe
- Multinational Electronics Standards and Power Input
- Start, Cool Down and Reset Switches on Controller Front
- EMI Shielded Case
- Fits under the Probe Inlet System
- Probe Mount on Top of Case
- PC Window for the Setup of Temperatures, Ramp Rates, Time, Start and Stop
- Fully Integrated with HP ChemStation Software
- RS232 Interface to PC
The Direct Probe Electronics Console is the interface between the direct probe and the PC. The user inputs the temperature, ramp rates and time parameters into a PC window which is integrated with the ChemStation software. This information from the PC software is then transferred to the direct probe electronics console via an RS232 cable. The direct probe electronics console has its own microprocessor which controls both the heating and the cooling of the direct probe. It also sends information back to the PC on the probe tip temperature and heating load for user viewing on the PC window.
The direct probe electronics console is designed to fit on the side of the Agilent 5973/5975 MSD just under the probe inlet system. A probe mount on top of the case is used for the storage of the mass spec probe when not in use. Push buttons on the front on the case permit the starting of the probe and mass spec data collection as well as the stopping of these functions. These functions can also be started and stopped from the PC window.
Back Panel of the Electronics Console
The Electronics console is designed for multinational electronics standards and power input. The case is shielded for EMI interference. The power and RS232 inputs are on the back of the electronics console. In addition the compressed air inlet and air outlet for the compressed air which is used to cool the direct probe are also located on the back of the electronics console. The Air Out port is for the exhaust air from the direct probe cooling system.