- LiteratureApplication Notes Adsorbent Resins Guide Mass Spec Tips SDS Sheets FAQ MS Calibration Compound Spectra Manuals MS Links/Labs/ Organizations MS Online Tools Flyers on Products/Services Scientific Supplies Catalog About Us NextAdvance Bullet Blender® Homogenizer Protocols Micro-Mesh® Literature Instrumentation Literature Agilent GC/MS Literature SIS News / E-Mail Newsletter NIST MS Database - Update Notifications
- Lab/CleanMicro-Mesh® (Fine Cushioned Abrasive) Aluminum Oxide Cleaning Abrasive Fiberglass Cleaning Brushes Swabs and Applicators Nylon and Latex Gloves Cleaning Wipes SIS MS Source Cleaning Kits Dust-Off® Hurricane Canless Air System Wheaton Bottles Wheaton Vials Wheaton Closures Sterile Vials - Bottle, Stopper, and Cap - All Together Certified Sterile Kimble Chase Clear Serum Vials Soil Sampling Kits Crimpers and Decappers Temperature Measurement & Recording Devices Bullet Blender® Homogenizer The SW 110 Multi-Purpose Spot Welder New Era Syringe Pump Systems KD Scientific Syringe Pump Systems Ohaus MB Series Moisture Analyzers Celestron® Handheld Digital Microscope (HDM) Checkit® Pipette Accuracy Test Greenwood Lab Supplies Next Advance Lab Products Catalog Page G1
- MSAgilent Bruker Extrel JEOL Kratos Perkin Elmer SCIEX Shimadzu Thermo Varian Waters (Micromass/VG) FLIR/Griffin Inficon/Leybold/Balzers MKS/UTI Hiden Dupont/CEC Nermag Vestec Filaments Heaters/Sensors Wire Material Electron Multipliers Probe/Sample Vials Ion Transfer Tubes Calibration Compounds MALDI-TOF Supplies Ceramic Insulators Cleaning Supplies Other Filament Repair Source Cleaning Transfer Line Repair GC Injection Port Repair Vacuum Feedthru Repair Other Repair Services NIST MS Library Wiley MS Libraries SIMION® 8.1 Catalog Page A1 Catalog Page B1
- MS Cleaning SuppliesSIS MS Source Cleaning Kits Micro-Mesh® Aluminum Oxide Cleaning Abrasive Swabs and Applicators Nylon and Latex Gloves Disposable Lint Free Wipes Validated Sterile Wipes Polycellulose 45/55 Blend Cloth Fiberglass Cleaning Brushes Dust-Off® Hurricane Canless Air System Jet Separator Cleaning Tools
- Micro-Mesh® (Fine Cushioned Abrasive)Sheets Rolls Discs Pads Nail Files Tufbuf Micro-Gloss Tape Belts Sanding Swabs Polishing Tool Quick-Shine Buffers Kits - Plastic (power) Kits - Plastic (hand) Kits - Craftsman, Wood, Metal Kits - Automotive & Headlight Restoration Kits Kits - Aircraft Window Reference - Grit Size Reference - MSDS Sheets, Brochures, Instructions, Kits Print Catalog - Micro-Mesh Catalog Page A63 Catalog Page A64 Catalog Page A65 Catalog Page A66 Catalog Page G3 Catalog Page G4 Catalog Page G5 Catalog Page G6 Catalog Page G7 Catalog Page G8
- Micro-Mesh® LiteratureMicro-Mesh Regular - Description of Micro-Mesh Regular Micro-Mesh MX - Description of Micro-Mesh MX for Metal Finishing Benefits of Micro-Mesh - What Makes Micro-Mesh So Special Ergonomic Benefits of Micro-Mesh - Human Factors, Engineering and Micro-Mesh TufBuf Polishing Pads - Polishing and Buffing Pads Guidelines for Acrylic Finishing Guideline for Making Belts with Micro-Mesh Micro-Gloss Instructions Metal Finishing with Micro-Mesh Random Orbital sanding with Micro-Mesh Solid Surface Finishing with Micro-Mesh Urethane Coating rectification Procedures Wood Finishing Procedures with Micro-Mesh Micro-Mesh Grit Size Conversion Chart Aquarium Restorer Kit Instructions Belt Finishing with Micro-Mesh Burn Kit Instructions Clear Seas Acrylic Kit Instructions Clear Seas Vinyl Kit Instructions Craft Kit Instructions Heavy Damage Removal Kit Instructions Light Damage Removal Kit Instructions KR-70 Acrylic Restoration Kit Instructions Maintenance Kit Instructions Micro-Mesh Anti-Static Cream Final Finish Micro-Finish Micro-Gloss Micro-Gloss # 5 TufBuf Polishing Pad
- Urethane Coating rectification Procedures (This Page)
Micro-Mesh® is a unique cushioned abrasive that produces a very fine and uniform scratch pattern. The nine grits range from 1500 up to 12000. The 1500 is slightly coarser than common 600 grit sandpaper. The 12000 will leave a scratch pattern that cannot be detected by the human eye. Micro-Mesh can be used by hand or for a more aggressive result use with power tools. Micro-Mesh can be used both with or without water or lubricant. A lubricant will extend the life of the material. It is very important not to use Micro-Mesh with any type of solvent or alcohol based lubricants that would result in delamination of the Micro-Mesh.
Micro-Buff™ is an environmentally safe, water-based compound used for removing haze and swirl from coatings, composites and painted surfaces. Micro-Buff can be used by hand or for a more aggressive application use with power tools and a wool and foam polishing pad.
TufBuf™ lambs wool polishing pads are mode of the finest natural shearling hides available. The TufBuf is durable and washable. Its dense pile distributes and applies compounds evenly and consistently leaving your finishes with less haze and swirl than conventional polishing pads.
Please note: due to differences in paint types and conditions, not all of the steps set forth in these procedures may be necessary for you to attain the desired result. They should be used as guidelines to assist you in the development of your own specialized processes.
1. Repair of Urethane Coated Wood
Use Micro-Mesh 8000 by hand to remove scratches. Always sand in a straight line pattern making certain to completely cover the entire area being restored. If Micro-Mesh 8000 is not aggressive enough, go to Micro-Mesh 6000 followed by Micro-Mesh 8000. Be careful not to sand through the coating. With a slow 750-1000 rpm rotary polisher, polish the sanded area using a dime-size amount of Micro-Buff and a TufBuf lambs wool polishing pad. Wipe any residual Micro-Buff off with a soft cotton cloth.
2. Repair of Urethane Coated Composites
Use Micro-Mesh 8000 by hand to remove scratches. Always sand in a straight line pattern making certain to completely cover the entire area being restored. If Micro-Mesh 8000 is not aggressive enough, go to Micro-Mesh 6000, followed by Micro-Mesh 8000. Be careful not to sand through the coating. With a slow 750-1000 rpm right angle polisher, polish the sanded area using a dime-size amount of Micro-Buff and a TufBuf lambs wool polishing pad. Wipe any residual Micro-Buff off with a soft, cotton cloth.
3. Urethane Catalyzed Paint - Removing Damage from Uncured Paint
Using a mist of water on the Micro-Mesh and using very light pressure, begin with Micro-Mesh 3600 to remove defects, followed by 4000, 8000 and 12000 by hand. To polish, hand rub using Micro-Buff and a soft flannel cloth.
For any of the above procedures:
Rinse out the TufBuf lambs wool polishing pad and Micro-Mesh abrasives in mild detergent, dry and store for future use.