- LiteratureApplication Notes Adsorbent Resins Guide Mass Spec Tips SDS Sheets FAQ MS Calibration Compound Spectra Manuals MS Links/Labs/ Organizations MS Online Tools Flyers on Products/Services Scientific Supplies Catalog About Us NextAdvance Bullet Blender® Homogenizer Protocols Micro-Mesh® Literature Instrumentation Literature Agilent GC/MS Literature SIS News / E-Mail Newsletter NIST MS Database - Update Notifications
- Lab/CleanMicro-Mesh® (Fine Cushioned Abrasive) Aluminum Oxide Cleaning Abrasive Fiberglass Cleaning Brushes Swabs and Applicators Nylon and Latex Gloves Cleaning Wipes SIS MS Source Cleaning Kits Dust-Off® Hurricane Canless Air System Wheaton Bottles Wheaton Vials Wheaton Closures Sterile Vials - Bottle, Stopper, and Cap - All Together Certified Sterile Kimble Chase Clear Serum Vials Soil Sampling Kits Crimpers and Decappers Temperature Measurement & Recording Devices Bullet Blender® Homogenizer The SW 110 Multi-Purpose Spot Welder New Era Syringe Pump Systems KD Scientific Syringe Pump Systems Ohaus MB Series Moisture Analyzers Celestron® Handheld Digital Microscope (HDM) Checkit® Pipette Accuracy Test Greenwood Lab Supplies Next Advance Lab Products Catalog Page G1
- MSAgilent Bruker Extrel JEOL Kratos Perkin Elmer SCIEX Shimadzu Thermo Varian Waters (Micromass/VG) FLIR/Griffin Inficon/Leybold/Balzers MKS/UTI Hiden Dupont/CEC Nermag Vestec Filaments Heaters/Sensors Wire Material Electron Multipliers Probe/Sample Vials Ion Transfer Tubes Calibration Compounds MALDI-TOF Supplies Ceramic Insulators Cleaning Supplies Other Filament Repair Source Cleaning Transfer Line Repair GC Injection Port Repair Vacuum Feedthru Repair Other Repair Services NIST MS Library Wiley MS Libraries SIMION® 8.1 Catalog Page A1 Catalog Page B1
- MS Cleaning SuppliesSIS MS Source Cleaning Kits Micro-Mesh® Aluminum Oxide Cleaning Abrasive Swabs and Applicators Nylon and Latex Gloves Disposable Lint Free Wipes Validated Sterile Wipes Polycellulose 45/55 Blend Cloth Fiberglass Cleaning Brushes Dust-Off® Hurricane Canless Air System Jet Separator Cleaning Tools
- Micro-Mesh® (Fine Cushioned Abrasive)Sheets Rolls Discs Pads Nail Files Tufbuf Micro-Gloss Tape Belts Sanding Swabs Polishing Tool Quick-Shine Buffers Kits - Plastic (power) Kits - Plastic (hand) Kits - Craftsman, Wood, Metal Kits - Automotive & Headlight Restoration Kits Kits - Aircraft Window Reference - Grit Size Reference - MSDS Sheets, Brochures, Instructions, Kits Print Catalog - Micro-Mesh Catalog Page A63 Catalog Page A64 Catalog Page A65 Catalog Page A66 Catalog Page G3 Catalog Page G4 Catalog Page G5 Catalog Page G6 Catalog Page G7 Catalog Page G8
- Micro-Mesh® LiteratureMicro-Mesh Regular - Description of Micro-Mesh Regular Micro-Mesh MX - Description of Micro-Mesh MX for Metal Finishing Benefits of Micro-Mesh - What Makes Micro-Mesh So Special Ergonomic Benefits of Micro-Mesh - Human Factors, Engineering and Micro-Mesh TufBuf Polishing Pads - Polishing and Buffing Pads Guidelines for Acrylic Finishing Guideline for Making Belts with Micro-Mesh Micro-Gloss Instructions Metal Finishing with Micro-Mesh Random Orbital sanding with Micro-Mesh Solid Surface Finishing with Micro-Mesh Urethane Coating rectification Procedures Wood Finishing Procedures with Micro-Mesh Micro-Mesh Grit Size Conversion Chart Aquarium Restorer Kit Instructions Belt Finishing with Micro-Mesh Burn Kit Instructions Clear Seas Acrylic Kit Instructions Clear Seas Vinyl Kit Instructions Craft Kit Instructions Heavy Damage Removal Kit Instructions Light Damage Removal Kit Instructions KR-70 Acrylic Restoration Kit Instructions Maintenance Kit Instructions Micro-Mesh Anti-Static Cream Final Finish Micro-Finish Micro-Gloss Micro-Gloss # 5 TufBuf Polishing Pad
- Burn Kit Instructions (This Page)
The Burn Kit is designed to be used by hand, this kit removes burn marks, scratches and scuffs to restore to a like new condition. Use this kit to restore up to 30 square feet of solid surface, cultured marble, fiberglass or plastic surfaces.
List of Contents:
Micro-Mesh® 3" x 6" sheets: 1500, 1800, 2400, 3600, 4000, 6000, foam block, Micro-Gloss and 100% cotton flannel wipes.
General Guidelines for the use of Micro-Mesh on Cast Polymer, Solid Surface and Acrylic Finishes
Notes: Sanding without a foam block will produce rippled or distorted surface. To further avoid scratching the surface, do not wear watches, rings or bracelets.
Keep Micro-Mesh clean, contamination causes scratches When restoral is complete, rinse Micro-Mesh and flannel pieces in clan water, allow to air dry and return to the original packaging. Micro-Mesh is re-useable!
- Micro-Mesh can be used wet or dry, the best results are obtained when used wet. This will also help keep the surface cool and the abrasive flushed free of abraded particles.
- Use only 100 percent flannel for wiping the surface; avoid synthetics and paper towels, as these tend to cause scratches.
- Always work in a straight line pattern, crossing 90° when you change grades of material.
- Check the finish of the reworked area between steps; this will help in attaining a matching finish with the rest of the surface. (e.g. matte, satin, gloss)
Determine Extent of Damage and Starting Point
- Deep Burns - Begin with 1500 Micro-Mesh
- Minor Burns - Begin with 2400 Micro-Mesh
- Discolorations - Begin with 3600 Micro-Mesh
Beginning Surface Restoration
1. Wrap Micro-Mesh around the foam block. Mist the surface with water, begin sanding in a straight line pattern using firm pressure, sand evenly over the entire area until the damage has been totally removed. After 3-5 minutes check your progress. DO NOT WORK IN A CIRCLUAR PATTERN. When damage is removed proceed t next step.
Note: This damage removal step is critical. If it is incomplete, the final results will not be satisfactory and will leave the surface with a hazy finish.
2. Proceed as directed above through all grades of Micro-Mesh included in the kit. Work an area slightly larger than the damage (at least 2 inches) with each consecutive step. Check for total removal of each scratch pattern prior to beginning the next step. Remember to change the sanding direction 90° with each new grade.
3. When you have finished with the final step in the Micro-Mesh series, and are satisfied with the surface appearance, clean the surface thoroughly with clean water.
4. Rinse the flannel in clean water and wrap it around the foam block. Apply a dime size drop of Micro-Gloss to the flannel. Rub briskly over the work area in a straight line pattern using firm pressure for 1-2 minutes until the Micro-Gloss has almost disappeared. Water may be misted on the surface to extend working time if needed. Spray with water and wipe entire surface clean and dry with the second flannel cloth.