- LiteratureApplication Notes Adsorbent Resins Guide Mass Spec Tips SDS Sheets FAQ MS Calibration Compound Spectra Manuals MS Links/Labs/ Organizations MS Online Tools Flyers on Products/Services Scientific Supplies Catalog About Us NextAdvance Bullet Blender® Homogenizer Protocols Micro-Mesh® Literature Instrumentation Literature Agilent GC/MS Literature SIS News / E-Mail Newsletter NIST MS Database - Update Notifications
- Lab/CleanMicro-Mesh® (Fine Cushioned Abrasive) Aluminum Oxide Cleaning Abrasive Fiberglass Cleaning Brushes Swabs and Applicators Nylon and Latex Gloves Cleaning Wipes SIS MS Source Cleaning Kits Dust-Off® Hurricane Canless Air System Wheaton Bottles Wheaton Vials Wheaton Closures Sterile Vials - Bottle, Stopper, and Cap - All Together Certified Sterile Kimble Chase Clear Serum Vials Soil Sampling Kits Crimpers and Decappers Temperature Measurement & Recording Devices Bullet Blender® Homogenizer The SW 110 Multi-Purpose Spot Welder New Era Syringe Pump Systems KD Scientific Syringe Pump Systems Ohaus MB Series Moisture Analyzers Celestron® Handheld Digital Microscope (HDM) Checkit® Pipette Accuracy Test Greenwood Lab Supplies Next Advance Lab Products Catalog Page G1
- MSAgilent Bruker Extrel JEOL Kratos Perkin Elmer SCIEX Shimadzu Thermo Varian Waters (Micromass/VG) FLIR/Griffin Inficon/Leybold/Balzers MKS/UTI Hiden Dupont/CEC Nermag Vestec Filaments Heaters/Sensors Wire Material Electron Multipliers Probe/Sample Vials Ion Transfer Tubes Calibration Compounds MALDI-TOF Supplies Ceramic Insulators Cleaning Supplies Other Filament Repair Source Cleaning Transfer Line Repair GC Injection Port Repair Vacuum Feedthru Repair Other Repair Services NIST MS Library Wiley MS Libraries SIMION® 8.1 Catalog Page A1 Catalog Page B1
- MS Cleaning SuppliesSIS MS Source Cleaning Kits Micro-Mesh® Aluminum Oxide Cleaning Abrasive Swabs and Applicators Nylon and Latex Gloves Disposable Lint Free Wipes Validated Sterile Wipes Polycellulose 45/55 Blend Cloth Fiberglass Cleaning Brushes Dust-Off® Hurricane Canless Air System Jet Separator Cleaning Tools
- Micro-Mesh® (Fine Cushioned Abrasive)Sheets Rolls Discs Pads Nail Files Tufbuf Micro-Gloss Tape Belts Sanding Swabs Polishing Tool Quick-Shine Buffers Kits - Plastic (power) Kits - Plastic (hand) Kits - Craftsman, Wood, Metal Kits - Automotive & Headlight Restoration Kits Kits - Aircraft Window Reference - Grit Size Reference - MSDS Sheets, Brochures, Instructions, Kits Print Catalog - Micro-Mesh Catalog Page A63 Catalog Page A64 Catalog Page A65 Catalog Page A66 Catalog Page G3 Catalog Page G4 Catalog Page G5 Catalog Page G6 Catalog Page G7 Catalog Page G8
- Micro-Mesh® LiteratureMicro-Mesh Regular - Description of Micro-Mesh Regular Micro-Mesh MX - Description of Micro-Mesh MX for Metal Finishing Benefits of Micro-Mesh - What Makes Micro-Mesh So Special Ergonomic Benefits of Micro-Mesh - Human Factors, Engineering and Micro-Mesh TufBuf Polishing Pads - Polishing and Buffing Pads Guidelines for Acrylic Finishing Guideline for Making Belts with Micro-Mesh Micro-Gloss Instructions Metal Finishing with Micro-Mesh Random Orbital sanding with Micro-Mesh Solid Surface Finishing with Micro-Mesh Urethane Coating rectification Procedures Wood Finishing Procedures with Micro-Mesh Micro-Mesh Grit Size Conversion Chart Aquarium Restorer Kit Instructions Belt Finishing with Micro-Mesh Burn Kit Instructions Clear Seas Acrylic Kit Instructions Clear Seas Vinyl Kit Instructions Craft Kit Instructions Heavy Damage Removal Kit Instructions Light Damage Removal Kit Instructions KR-70 Acrylic Restoration Kit Instructions Maintenance Kit Instructions Micro-Mesh Anti-Static Cream Final Finish Micro-Finish Micro-Gloss Micro-Gloss # 5 TufBuf Polishing Pad
- Micro-Mesh MX - Description of Micro-Mesh MX for Metal Finishing (This Page)
MICRO-MESH® is a series of cloth-backed cushioned abrasives designed to produce very low roughness average (Ra) scratch patterns on a variety of materials. On metal the coarse grades of MICRO-MESH MX can achieve finishes below 1.0 micro inch with proper surface preparation and application.
Surface preparation prior to MICRO-MESH MX use includes establishing the geometry of the part reduction of the Ra to 20 micro inch or less using the most economical conventional method available. One application of MICRO-MESH MX should reduce the Ra to 10 micro inch.
Subsequent applications will further reduce the Ra by approximately 1/2 until the specified finish is reached. Using a combination of one or more of the MX series and variation of material feed, speed or pressure can produce sub 1.0- micro inch finish.
MICRO-MESH MX can also be used on painted metal surfaces and other hard surfaced materials.
Silicon carbide crystals on a resilient layer over cloth back. The backing is stamped with the following grade number for easy identification.
60MX 120 MX 240 MX 400 MX *1200 MX
80 MX 150 MX 320 MX 600 MX
100 MX 180 MX 360 MX *800 MX * aluminum oxide crystals
- 3" x 6"
- 6" x 12"
- 12" x 12"
- 1/2" - 2" widths
- Various Sizes
- 4" x 50'
- 6" x 50'
- 6" x 25'
- 12" x 25'
- 1/2" x 5 3/4"
- 5/8" x 5 3/4"
Soft Touch Pads:
- 2" x 2"
3" x 4"
- MX-90 Metal Finishing Belts: Various Sizes
STORAGE & HANDLING:
When stored between 0-120 degrees Fahrenheit a clean and dry environment, life is nearly unlimited. No special handling required.
MICRO-MESH MX may be used by hand or machine. A firm foam block should be used as back-up during hand applications. The cutting ability of MICRO-MESH MX is increased by increasing the rigidity of the back-up material. MICRO-MESH MX may be used wet or dry. Most water or oil base lubricants are acceptable for used with MX. Lubricants should be tested for compatibility before general use. Always finish clean-up with soap and water to remove solvent.
When using water as a lubricant do not soak MX in water for more than four hours. Apply water by dipping or spraying.
Using MX with a sharp edged back-up may cause it to wear faster on the narrow edge.
06/01/02 - Technical Bulletin-#12