- MSAgilent Bruker Extrel JEOL Kratos Perkin Elmer SCIEX Shimadzu Thermo Varian Waters (Micromass/VG) FLIR/Griffin Inficon/Leybold/Balzers MKS/UTI Hiden Dupont/CEC Nermag Vestec Filaments Heaters/Sensors Wire Material Electron Multipliers Probe/Sample Vials Ion Transfer Tubes Calibration Compounds MALDI-TOF Supplies Ceramic Insulators Cleaning Supplies Other Filament Repair Source Cleaning Transfer Line Repair GC Injection Port Repair Vacuum Feedthru Repair Other Repair Services NIST MS Library Wiley MS Libraries SIMION® 8.1 Catalog Page A1 Catalog Page B1
- Agilent/HP - Repair Service
- Source Cleaning
- Agilent (This Page)
Scientific Instrument Services, Inc. cleans all sources for the Agilent mass spectrometers.
- 5971 Agilent 5971 Mass Spec Source Cleaning. Cleaning and polishing of all metal parts are followed by thorough washing and bake out in an oven. Repair of both filaments.
- 5972, 5973, 5975, 5977, GCD Cleaning and polishing of all metal parts are followed by thorough washing and bake out in an oven.
- 5970 Cleaning of the Agilent /HP 5970 Source begins with the complete disassembly of the source and lens stack assembly.
- 5985, 5987, 5988 All ceramic insulators are sandblasted followed by solvent washing and bake out.
- 5989 Cleaning and polishing of all metal parts are followed by thorough washing and bake out in an oven.
Mass Spectrometer Source Cleaning
- Expert cleaning & repair of mass spec sources
- Filaments repaired and accurately aligned on mass spec source
- Fast turn-around of your sources for repair
This is NOT an exchange program - The same source that we receive from you is cleaned and repaired and then sent back to you - ready to install into your mass spectrometer.
Scientific Instrument Services now offers a service of mass spectrometer source cleaning. We can clean and service most models of mass spectrometer sources many of which are listed. If your source is not listed please contact us. For sources not listed below please include a copy of the manufacturers assembly instructions and schematic of the source assembly when the parts are sent in for repair.
The source cleaning article describes in detail the steps and equipment used in the cleaning and repair of all the MS sources that we service at SIS.
Source cleaning begins with the complete disassembly of the source. The metal parts are cleaned and polished, then washed with solvents. The parts are then thoroughly washed in our high temperature ultrasonic cleaner using high purity water and then dried. Finally the metal parts are baked out.
All ceramic insulators are sandblasted, followed by solvent washing and a high temperature bake-out. If broken, most of these ceramics can be replace at no extra cost, with the exception of those with a cost of $50.00 or more. Vespel® insulators are washed and baked out with the same procedures used for the metal parts described above.
If old filaments are included with the source, they are cleaned and repaired using our standard filament cleaning and repair procedures. The filaments are repaired using the standard original filament material used in the original manufacture of the filament. For a complete description of this repair service see the section on Mass Spectrometer Filament Repair and Manufacture.
Not included in the source repairs are the replacement of the filaments, collectors, heaters, screws or other missing parts. If these parts need to be replaced, this may delay return delivery until we can obtain replacement parts from the manufacturer and additional charges may be incurred. If the source heaters are sent in with the source, additional charges will be incurred if these items are damaged and need additional repairs or replacement.
After all parts have been repaired, cleaned and baked out, the source is reassembled in a clean environment in a laminar flow hood. The filament is reinstalled and accurately aligned over the ion source entrance using an optical video microscope system.. The source is checked for resistance leaks due to bad or cracked insulators followed by a thorough visual inspection.
Your source is now ready for installation into your mass spectrometer.
If your source is not listed, it can still be repaired and cleaned by S.I.S. A copy of your source assembly/disassembly schematic from your mass spec manual should be sent in with your source.
Normally the source block, associated source parts and the filament should be shipped in for repair. The source should be thoroughly wrapped in packaging material and double boxed to avoid damage during shipment.
All the mass spectrometer sources listed have been repaired by S.I.S. If your mass spectrometer source is not listed below, it can still be repaired by S.I.S. A copy of your source assembly/disassembly schematic from your mass spec manual should be sent in with your source.Send your source with old filament(s) attached, along with your purchase order to:
Scientific Instrument Services, Inc.
1027 Old York Road.
Ringoes, NJ 08551
Attn: Source Repair - Rush