- Unattended dispensing and pouring off of liquids.
- Only requires an electrical outlet – no vacuum, pressurized air or gas, or additional pumps required.
- Can recover reagents, such as antibody solutions, separately from each gel or blot.
- Trays can hold mini blots (maximum dimension 8 cm x 8 cm) and midi blots (maximum dimension 8 cm x 16 cm).
- Adjustable Parameters for each protocol step include:
- rocking speed (5 to 40 cycles per minute)
- reagent/solution rocking time (1 min to 96 hours)
- dispense volume (10 to 150 mL) up to 10 repetitions per step
- clearing rinse option
- Patent pending technology.
- Rocking continues after the final rinse and the wash buffer remains in the trays to prevent the blots or gels from desiccating.
- Built in the USA for years of trouble free use.
- Uses existing protocols. Programming is easy and follows standard protocols steps. Programs can be up to 9 steps where each step is an immersion in a reagent (e.g. antibody) or a series of washes.
- In each step reagents or buffer will be dispensed and aspirated to all the trays simultaneously, for consistent processing of all the blots and gels.
- The minimum volume required to fully cover each mini blot is 3.5 mL.
- A clearing rinse can be activated to provide a quick rinse to get the final drop of reagent after each wash or reagent immersion.
- The removable trays can be washed. Replacements can be ordered separately.
- A bottle of buffer is connected to the Freedom Rocker BlotBot with a hose and leak-proof quick-connector connections.
The Freedom Rocker™ BlotBot® is an automated blot processor for incubating and washing blots and gels, after the transfer from gel to blot. Using a microprocessor for precise timing and dispensing, it automatically processes Westerns, Northerns, and Southerns in a consistent manner, every time. Ideal for unattended staining of gels, it frees you from babysitting your samples. Simply add your buffers and reagents, and the BlotBot carries out your existing protocol.
Consistent processing. Better results.
Plan your next experiment over coffee, not lunch. Process blots unattended so you can focus on other tasks. Use as little as 3.5 mL of antibody (or up to 50 mL of reagent) for each mini blot, and recover separately. Large color LCD display for easy programming of protocols.
Throw Out Your Timers
Are you chained to your timer? Throw it out and use the Freedom Rocker BlotBot. Simply place your blots, gels, or slides in trays, set the program, connect the bottles/tubes of reagents and walk away. The microcontroller in the Freedom Rocker BlotBot will ensure that the reagents and washes will be accurately pumped into and out of the trays at the precise times. Results will be consistent because all trays will receive the same reagent or wash buffer at the same time in equal volumes. Multi-dispense models can even dispense one different reagent to each tray, i.e. primary or secondary antibody.
Be productive and concentrate on another task, enjoy your lunch, OR let it run overnight!
Improve Consistency and Accuracy
By automating the processing of blots and gels, the Freedom Rocker BlotBot yields very consistent and accurate blots, gels, and slides. It automatically dispenses and aspirates equal volumes of reagents from multiple trays simultaneously. The samples in all the trays will experience the exact same protocol.
Shave Months Off Your Research
Complete the testing portion of your research project in half the time. Blots are ready when you arrive at work. You can review them over coffee, not lunch, so you can start your next test iteration the same day.
Automatically processing blots and gels cuts down on distractions. Instead of babysitting your blots you have more time to focus on other tasks, eat lunch, or attend meetings – or let it run overnight. Through increased productivity, the Freedom Rocker BlotBot pays for itself in about 30 uses.
The Freedom Rocker BlotBot replicates your existing protocols. There is no need to develop new protocols so you can start processing right away.
|BlotBot 120||BlotBot 240|
|Number of Blots||up to 2 mini blots or 1 midi blot||up to 4 mini blots or up to 2 midi blots|
|Buffer Volume|| Midi blot tray: 10 – 150 mL |
Mini blot tray: 10 – 75 mL per side
|Midi blot tray: 10 – 150 mL
Mini blot tray: 10 – 75 mL per side
|Reagents per blot|| Dispense: 2
| Dispense: 2
|Reagent volume||up to 50 mL each||up to 50 mL each|
|Minimum reagent per blot|| Mini blot: 3.5 mL (recover 3 mL)|
Midi blot: 7 mL (recover 6 mL)
|Mini blot: 3.5 mL (recover 3 mL)|
Midi blot: 7 mL (recover 6 mL)
|Protocol steps||up to 9||up to 9|
|Washes per step||up to 10||up to 10|
|Rocks per minute||5 to 40, independent rate for each step||5 to 40, independent rate for each step|
ProgramThe Freedom Rocker™ BlotBot® is designed to work with your existing protocols. To enter a protocol into the BlotBot, follow these steps:
- From the home screen, select “Programs”. Select one of the programs using the dial, and press the “Edit” button to edit the program. The BlotBot comes with 8 programs with default values.
- Choose a name for your protocol. The “Save” button saves changes, while the “Continue” button moves on to the next screen.
- Select whether the protocol will be used with a mini blot tray (2 chambers with a central divider), or a midi blot tray (one large chamber).
- Now, choose whether you want a clearing rinse to be included in the protocol. A clearing rinse will briefly rinse the blot with 10 mL of wash buffer at the end of each step.
- Select the speeds, times and reagents for each step in your protocol. When selecting the reagent, you can choose the following: “Buffer” from the buffer bottle; “1” or “2” from the reagent tubes; and “END” to indicate that there are no more steps. Buffer wash steps can be repeated up to 10 times; reagent steps cannot be repeated; reagents can be recovered. Because blots and gels should be kept wet, the first step assumes that there is liquid, such as a blocking buffer, in the tray, and after the final step, the buffer (or reagent) will remain in the tray, and the tray will continue to rock slowly. Press “Save” to save all of your changes.
|FRB120||Freedom Rocker BlotBot 120 automated blot processor with kit||use with 2 mini or 1 midi sized blots||$6800.00|
|FRB240||Freedom Rocker BlotBot 240 automated blot processor with kit||use with 4 mini or 2 midi sized blots||$7495.00|
|* Standard lead-time for non-stock items is approximately two weeks depending on the item.|
|Ordering information. International (non-US) prices available through your local dealer.|