- LiteratureApplication Notes Adsorbent Resins Guide Mass Spec Tips SDS Sheets FAQ MS Calibration Compound Spectra Manuals MS Links/Labs/ Organizations MS Online Tools Flyers on Products/Services Scientific Supplies Catalog About Us NextAdvance Bullet Blender® Homogenizer Protocols Micro-Mesh® Literature Instrumentation Literature Agilent GC/MS Literature SIS News / E-Mail Newsletter NIST MS Database - Update Notifications
- Lab/CleanMicro-Mesh® (Fine Cushioned Abrasive) Aluminum Oxide Cleaning Abrasive Fiberglass Cleaning Brushes Swabs and Applicators Nylon and Latex Gloves Cleaning Wipes SIS MS Source Cleaning Kits Dust-Off® Hurricane Canless Air System Wheaton Bottles Wheaton Vials Wheaton Closures Sterile Vials - Bottle, Stopper, and Cap - All Together Certified Sterile Kimble Chase Clear Serum Vials Soil Sampling Kits Crimpers and Decappers Temperature Measurement & Recording Devices Bullet Blender® Homogenizer The SW 110 Multi-Purpose Spot Welder New Era Syringe Pump Systems KD Scientific Syringe Pump Systems Ohaus MB Series Moisture Analyzers Celestron® Handheld Digital Microscope (HDM) Checkit® Pipette Accuracy Test Greenwood Lab Supplies Next Advance Lab Products Catalog Page G1
- MSAgilent Bruker Extrel JEOL Kratos Perkin Elmer SCIEX Shimadzu Thermo Varian Waters (Micromass/VG) FLIR/Griffin Inficon/Leybold/Balzers MKS/UTI Hiden Dupont/CEC Nermag Vestec Filaments Heaters/Sensors Wire Material Electron Multipliers Probe/Sample Vials Ion Transfer Tubes Calibration Compounds MALDI-TOF Supplies Ceramic Insulators Cleaning Supplies Other Filament Repair Source Cleaning Transfer Line Repair GC Injection Port Repair Vacuum Feedthru Repair Other Repair Services NIST MS Library Wiley MS Libraries SIMION® 8.1 Catalog Page A1 Catalog Page B1
- MS Cleaning SuppliesSIS MS Source Cleaning Kits Micro-Mesh® Aluminum Oxide Cleaning Abrasive Swabs and Applicators Nylon and Latex Gloves Disposable Lint Free Wipes Validated Sterile Wipes Polycellulose 45/55 Blend Cloth Fiberglass Cleaning Brushes Dust-Off® Hurricane Canless Air System Jet Separator Cleaning Tools
- SIS Woodworking Products
- Micro-Mesh® (Fine Cushioned Abrasive)Sheets Rolls Discs Pads Nail Files Tufbuf Micro-Gloss Tape Belts Sanding Swabs Polishing Tool Quick-Shine Buffers Kits - Plastic (power) Kits - Plastic (hand) Kits - Craftsman, Wood, Metal Kits - Automotive & Headlight Restoration Kits Kits - Aircraft Window Reference - Grit Size Reference - MSDS Sheets, Brochures, Instructions, Kits Print Catalog - Micro-Mesh Catalog Page A63 Catalog Page A64 Catalog Page A65 Catalog Page A66 Catalog Page G3 Catalog Page G4 Catalog Page G5 Catalog Page G6 Catalog Page G7 Catalog Page G8
- Micro-Mesh® LiteratureMicro-Mesh Regular - Description of Micro-Mesh Regular Micro-Mesh MX - Description of Micro-Mesh MX for Metal Finishing Benefits of Micro-Mesh - What Makes Micro-Mesh So Special Ergonomic Benefits of Micro-Mesh - Human Factors, Engineering and Micro-Mesh TufBuf Polishing Pads - Polishing and Buffing Pads Guidelines for Acrylic Finishing Guideline for Making Belts with Micro-Mesh Micro-Gloss Instructions Metal Finishing with Micro-Mesh Random Orbital sanding with Micro-Mesh Solid Surface Finishing with Micro-Mesh Urethane Coating rectification Procedures Wood Finishing Procedures with Micro-Mesh Micro-Mesh Grit Size Conversion Chart Aquarium Restorer Kit Instructions Belt Finishing with Micro-Mesh Burn Kit Instructions Clear Seas Acrylic Kit Instructions Clear Seas Vinyl Kit Instructions Craft Kit Instructions Heavy Damage Removal Kit Instructions Light Damage Removal Kit Instructions KR-70 Acrylic Restoration Kit Instructions Maintenance Kit Instructions Micro-Mesh Anti-Static Cream Final Finish Micro-Finish Micro-Gloss Micro-Gloss # 5 TufBuf Polishing Pad
- Guideline for Making Belts with Micro-Mesh (This Page)
Recommended procedures and guidelines for the refinishing of acrylic plastics
1. MICRO-MESH and MICRO-MESH MX abrasive products are cloth backed
cushioned abrasives. There are no chemical treatments of any kind on our cloth
backed materials. Therefore there is no need to scuff the backs of splicing area
before beginning splicing operation.
2. We recommend butt splices only, as other types of splices can cause uneven finishes.
3. A bias cut of 45, 55, or 67 degrees is recommended for a splice.
4. Do not attempt to scythe joints with MICRO-MESH or MX abrasives, it is
unnecessary and will damage the belt.
5. The splicing tapes to be used can vary according to customers needs or
grit of abrasive
Mylar tape (non-frozen and non-adhesive) - Glue both tape and splice. Wait until
dry before adhering to splice area.
Polyester/Mylar tape (frozen) - Glue splice joint; wait until dry and apply tape to glued
6. Heat and pressure are required to assure a complete bonding. Usually 250
with firm pressure for 10 seconds (consult with tape manufacturer for further