- VacuumPumps Oils/Greases Gauge & Tubes Hose & Accessories Filters - Oil/Charcoal Foreline Traps Gaskets & Material Fittings O-Rings Pump Parts (Precision Plus) Quality Monitor System Distillation Control Acoustic Enclosures For Rotary Vane Pumps Other Vacuum Accessories Catalog Page F1
- Foreline Traps (This Page)
Correct vacuum levels are critical in the optimum operation of any mass spectrometer. Rough vacuum pumps are an important part of the vacuum system on mass specs, however in many labs they are not given the attention they require except when a problem is discovered in the mass spec operation. For efficient and safe operation the correct filters and traps should be installed on both the inlet and outlet of the vacuum pump. With the advance of electrospray and other LC/MS techniques this requirement becomes even more important, as more solvents and other materials are being pumped. This is especially critical if the vacuum pumps are not exhausted outside of the lab. The use of the correct filters and traps and the proper maintenance of these items can improve the life of the vacuum pump as well as minimize harmful emissions into the environment. Below is a chart which may be helpful in determining which filters and traps you may require. The following pages detail each of these items and list appropriate hardware to connect the traps and filters to both Adixen and Edwards vacuum pumps. If you have a vacuum pump from another manufacturer give us a call and we will help you determine which traps, filters and hardware you may require.
- Assimilation Trap The Assimilation Traps are similar to our Coaxial Foreline Traps in that they are used between the rough vacuum pump and the diffusion (or turbo) pump to prevent backstreaming of oil into the diffusion pump.
- Bakeable Molecular Sieve Adsorption Traps Molecular Sieve Traps are effective for trapping hydrocarbons and water vapor.
- Coaxial Foreline Traps The CFT Series traps are an effective design, which reduces mechanical pump backstreaming to the vacuum chamber.
- LN2 Cold Trap LN2 cold trap. Cold thimble design.
- Dry Ice Trap Dry-ice and alcohol is all that is needed to cool this cold trap to -75 °C, thus trapping most volatile materials.
- LN2 Level Controller This liquid nitrogen controller model LN2-1000 is a fully automatic dual sensor controller.
- LN2 Kits 60012 : Tranfer Line Kit, PSI=40,60013 : Tranfer Line Kit, PSI=100
- LN2 Accessories Accessories for the LN2 Transfer Line.
- LN2 Rack Mount 60015 : Mount for LN2-1000 Controller, Rack Options=Single,60015DBL : Mount for LN2-1000 Controller, Rack Options=Double
Inlet Trap Selection Chart
|Inlet Trap Description||Backstreaming||Corrosive||Polar Compounds / Acidic Vapor||Organic Chemicals||Particulates||Large Particles, Oil or Liquid||Water Vapor|
|SAT Coaxial Foreline Trap||Excellent||No||No||No||No||No||No|
|SAT Assimilation Trap with Copper Element||Excellent||No||No||Ex.||No||No||No|
|AT Assimilation Trap with S Steel Element||Excellent||Excellent||No||Excellent||No||No||No|
|MAT Molecular Sieve Trap||Excellent||Good||No||No||No||No||Good|