- MSAgilent Bruker Extrel JEOL Kratos Perkin Elmer SCIEX Shimadzu Thermo Varian Waters (Micromass/VG) FLIR/Griffin Inficon/Leybold/Balzers MKS/UTI Hiden Dupont/CEC Nermag Vestec Filaments Heaters/Sensors Wire Material Electron Multipliers Probe/Sample Vials Ion Transfer Tubes Calibration Compounds MALDI-TOF Supplies Ceramic Insulators Cleaning Supplies Other Filament Repair Source Cleaning Transfer Line Repair GC Injection Port Repair Vacuum Feedthru Repair Other Repair Services NIST MS Library Wiley MS Libraries SIMION® 8.1 Catalog Page A1 Catalog Page B1
- Filters - Oil/Charcoal (This Page)
Rough vacuum pumps are an important part of the vacuum system on mass specs, however in many labs they are not given the attention they require except when a problem is discovered in the mass spec operation. For efficient and safe operation the correct filters and traps should be installed on both the inlet and outlet of the vacuum pump. With the advance of electrospray and other LC/MS techniques this requirement becomes even more important, as more solvents and other materials are being pumped. This is especially critical if the vacuum pumps are not exhausted outside of the lab. The use of the correct filters and traps and the proper maintenance of these items can improve the life of the vacuum pump as well as minimize harmful emissions into the environment. Below is a chart which may be helpful in determining which filters you may require. The following pages detail each of these items and list appropriate hardware to connect the filters to both Adixen and Edwards vacuum pumps. If you have a vacuum pump from another manufacturer give us a call and we will help you determine which filters and hardware you may require.
For Typical hookup, see section on Vacuum Pump Exhaust Filter Installation
- SIS™ All-In-One 6.25" high, low cost, combined oil mist eliminator and charcoal filter proven effective for removing volatile and semi-volatile organics from exhaust of vacuum pumps.
- SIS™ Vacuum Pump Filter Kits Large and small filter kits for Adixen and Edward models.
- Oil Mist Eliminators A selection of Oil Mist Eliminators for your vacuum needs.
- SIS™ Charcoal Trapping Exhaust Filter Small compact straight-through inlet air filters with replaceable hockey puck filter element. Flow through capacity up to 35 CFM (43m3/hr). Now available in two inlet sizes.
- Exhaust System These systems are recommended for areas where it is not possible or practical to exhaust the MS vacuum pumps outside the building.
- Koby Vacuum Pump Exhaust Filters Koby Filtration Products. Wide variety of purification units available.
- Installation Vacuum Pump Exhaust Filters for Adixen or Edward pumps.
- Silencers for Pumps
|Manufacturer||Filter Part #||Organic Chem||Good||Hazardous Corrosive||Particulates||Oil Vapor||Filter Element||Disposable|