The Industry Standard in Particle Optics Simulation Software
- Design new instruments or improve the sensitivity of existing instruments. Mass spectrometers and other ion optics lens systems.
- Calculate electric and magnetic fields from 2D & 3D models
- Calculate charged particle trajectories
- Visualize, optimize, and analyze results
- Extensible user programming for crazy flexibility.
- Free basic tech support, phone/e-mail/message board.
- Widely commercially and in academia, including by most MS manufacturers.
Description: SIMION Version 8.1 is a software package primarily used to calculate electric fields and the trajectories of charged particles in those fields when given a configuration of electrodes with voltages and particle initial conditions, including optional RF (quasistatic), magnetic field, and collisional effects. In this, SIMION 8.1 provides extensive supporting functionality in geometry definition, user programming, data recording, and visualization. It is an affordable but versatile platform, widely used for over 30 years to simulate lens, mass spec, and other types of particle optics systems.
Applications: SIMION 8.1 is suitable for a wide variety of systems involving 2D or 3D, static low-frequency (MHz) RF fields: from ion flight through simple electrostatic and magnetic lenses to particle guns to highly complex instruments, including time-of-flight, ion traps, quadrupoles, ICR cells, and other MS, ion source and detector optics.
Please see the SIMION software license (for #SIMION81/A/U/U7/LK/LKU part numbers). In short each license generally allows one user or one computer (at your option).
Basic technical support: Limited, free, 1-year, phone/e-mail technical support is provided for SIMION. In addition, all users may use the online users group. Minor version (8.1.x) updates are included, which include bug fixes and certain feature enhancements. We officially indicate 1-year tech support, but we've generally not imposed a limit in practice. Your feedback and experiences with SIMION are important to us.
Extended technical support (# SIMIONS) is now available as a separate purchace for more involved tasks. These tasks may be more complicated or more time consuming than usual. Your funding can also make development (or custom modification) of specific features in SIMION a higher priority than otherwise. It is recommended to contact SIS about specific support needs before ordering SIMIONS. SIS can provide support for many types of custom programming, data conversion, SIMION topics, and even more general computer and other related topics.
- Customers outside the US can purchase or request pricing details through SIS's International Dealers . You may also Contact SIS directly for other general or technical questions on the SIMION software.
- Customers inside the US may purchase SIMION products from SIS: Contact SIS or order on-line below. US educational and US government institutions should purchase part number SIMION81A or SIMION81LK.
|SIMION81||SIMION 8.1 Software||YES||$1207.00†5 or more: 5% off; 10 or more: 10% off.|
|SIMION81A||SIMION 8.1 Software, Academic License (for US Academic/Government use only)||YES||$787.00†5 or more: 5% off; 10 or more: 10% off.|
|SIMION81AL||SIMION 8.1 Lease Academic either 1yr single license or approx 1 month multiuser license||YES||$262.00†5 or more: 5% off; 10 or more: 10% off.|
|SIMION81LK||SIMION 8.1 "lab kit" site license, for universities only, 30 seats||YES||$3622.00†5 or more: 5% off; 10 or more: 10% off.|
|SIMION81U||SIMION 8.1 Upgrade from SIMION 8.0||YES||$420.00†5 or more: 5% off; 10 or more: 10% off.|
|SIMION81U7||SIMION 8.1 Upgrade from SIMION 7.0||YES||$945.00†5 or more: 5% off; 10 or more: 10% off.|
|SIMION81LKU||SIMION 8.1 Lab Kit - Upgrade from SIMION 8.0 Lab Kit||YES||$950.00†5 or more: 5% off; 10 or more: 10% off.|
|SIMION81AR||SIMION 8.1 Lease Academic Renewal. Renew SIMION81AL for additional year. No shipment. Electronic download only.||0*Lead time for this non-stock item is approximately 3 days.||$262.00|
|† Quantity discount 5 or more: 5% off; 10 or more: 10% off.|
|* Lead time for this non-stock item is approximately 3 days.|
|Ordering information. International (non-US) prices available through your local dealer.|
Which item should I buy?
- SIMION 8.1 is the latest version. For new capabilities from
8.0, see Changes in
- Single licenses are typically purchased. Each license is for use by a single user or on a single computer (at your option). There are discounts from upgrading from earlier versions.
- Site licenses are provided in the form of the SIMION Lab Kit for universities and teaching institutions only, not for industrial
use or duplication on computers outside of the university classroom.
Contents of the SIMION8LK Lab Kit for Universities:
- One copy of the SIMION install CD.
- License for use on up to 30 computers in the university classroom, computer lab, research group, or department. It is very cost effective (about the price of three commercial licenses to SIMION).
- Includes three copies of the Printed Manual (additional printed manuals can be ordered)
- Additional instruction material can be reprinted from the CD.
- Leases are also available. #SIMION81AL is available for a single academic user to lease SIMION for one year. This same part number can also be used by instructors wanting to install SIMION for one month in a computer lab for instructional purposes. Contact us for details or for any other special licensing arrangements.
- Virtual Device is an add-on accessory package for SIMION 7, 8, or 8.1. It was developed independently by SIMION user Solgei Koltsov / Koltran Labs. See Virtual Device Info.
- CPO is a different software package focusing more on the boundary element method (BEM), space-charge, space-charge limited cathode emissions, and field emission cathodes. See CPO Info.