- LiteratureApplication Notes Adsorbent Resins Guide Mass Spec Tips SDS Sheets FAQ MS Calibration Compound Spectra Manuals MS Links/Labs/ Organizations MS Online Tools Flyers on Products/Services Scientific Supplies Catalog About Us NextAdvance Bullet Blender® Homogenizer Protocols Micro-Mesh® Literature Instrumentation Literature Agilent GC/MS Literature SIS News / E-Mail Newsletter NIST MS Database - Update Notifications
- Lab/CleanMicro-Mesh® (Fine Cushioned Abrasive) Aluminum Oxide Cleaning Abrasive Fiberglass Cleaning Brushes Swabs and Applicators Nylon and Latex Gloves Cleaning Wipes SIS MS Source Cleaning Kits Dust-Off® Hurricane Canless Air System Wheaton Bottles Wheaton Vials Wheaton Closures Sterile Vials - Bottle, Stopper, and Cap - All Together Certified Sterile Kimble Chase Clear Serum Vials Soil Sampling Kits Crimpers and Decappers Temperature Measurement & Recording Devices Bullet Blender® Homogenizer The SW 110 Multi-Purpose Spot Welder New Era Syringe Pump Systems KD Scientific Syringe Pump Systems Ohaus MB Series Moisture Analyzers Celestron® Handheld Digital Microscope (HDM) Checkit® Pipette Accuracy Test Greenwood Lab Supplies Next Advance Lab Products Catalog Page G1
- MSAgilent Bruker Extrel JEOL Kratos Perkin Elmer SCIEX Shimadzu Thermo Varian Waters (Micromass/VG) FLIR/Griffin Inficon/Leybold/Balzers MKS/UTI Hiden Dupont/CEC Nermag Vestec Filaments Heaters/Sensors Wire Material Electron Multipliers Probe/Sample Vials Ion Transfer Tubes Calibration Compounds MALDI-TOF Supplies Ceramic Insulators Cleaning Supplies Other Filament Repair Source Cleaning Transfer Line Repair GC Injection Port Repair Vacuum Feedthru Repair Other Repair Services NIST MS Library Wiley MS Libraries SIMION® 8.1 Catalog Page A1 Catalog Page B1
- MS Cleaning SuppliesSIS MS Source Cleaning Kits Micro-Mesh® Aluminum Oxide Cleaning Abrasive Swabs and Applicators Nylon and Latex Gloves Disposable Lint Free Wipes Validated Sterile Wipes Polycellulose 45/55 Blend Cloth Fiberglass Cleaning Brushes Dust-Off® Hurricane Canless Air System Jet Separator Cleaning Tools
- SIS Woodworking Products
- Micro-Mesh® (Fine Cushioned Abrasive)Sheets Rolls Discs Pads Nail Files Tufbuf Micro-Gloss Tape Belts Sanding Swabs Polishing Tool Quick-Shine Buffers Kits - Plastic (power) Kits - Plastic (hand) Kits - Craftsman, Wood, Metal Kits - Automotive & Headlight Restoration Kits Kits - Aircraft Window Reference - Grit Size Reference - MSDS Sheets, Brochures, Instructions, Kits Print Catalog - Micro-Mesh Catalog Page A63 Catalog Page A64 Catalog Page A65 Catalog Page A66 Catalog Page G3 Catalog Page G4 Catalog Page G5 Catalog Page G6 Catalog Page G7 Catalog Page G8
- Micro-Mesh® LiteratureMicro-Mesh Regular - Description of Micro-Mesh Regular Micro-Mesh MX - Description of Micro-Mesh MX for Metal Finishing Benefits of Micro-Mesh - What Makes Micro-Mesh So Special Ergonomic Benefits of Micro-Mesh - Human Factors, Engineering and Micro-Mesh TufBuf Polishing Pads - Polishing and Buffing Pads Guidelines for Acrylic Finishing Guideline for Making Belts with Micro-Mesh Micro-Gloss Instructions Metal Finishing with Micro-Mesh Random Orbital sanding with Micro-Mesh Solid Surface Finishing with Micro-Mesh Urethane Coating rectification Procedures Wood Finishing Procedures with Micro-Mesh Micro-Mesh Grit Size Conversion Chart Aquarium Restorer Kit Instructions Belt Finishing with Micro-Mesh Burn Kit Instructions Clear Seas Acrylic Kit Instructions Clear Seas Vinyl Kit Instructions Craft Kit Instructions Heavy Damage Removal Kit Instructions Light Damage Removal Kit Instructions KR-70 Acrylic Restoration Kit Instructions Maintenance Kit Instructions Micro-Mesh Anti-Static Cream Final Finish Micro-Finish Micro-Gloss Micro-Gloss # 5 TufBuf Polishing Pad
- Micro-Gloss Instructions (This Page)
1. Flush the surface to be polished with water and wipe with a damp soft 100% cotton flannel cloth. Make sure all crevices are flushed free of dirt.
2. Slightly dampen a piece of flannel, apply a dime size drop of MICRO-GLOSS to the cloth and rub briskly over a 1 square foot area. Work in a straight line pattern, applying firm pressure for 2 to 3 minutes or until MICRO-GLOSS has almost disappeared. Avoid using circular motions.
3. Continue in 1 foot squares, overlapping slightly.
4. Wipe entire surface with dry flannel cloth to remove any MICRO-GLOSS residue.
5. The surface should be dry before applying Anti-Static Cream.
6. Apply a thin film of Anti-Static Cream with a clean dry flannel, following the same pattern set forth in step 2. It is best to use the Anti-Static Cream on small sections, being careful to not allow it to dry.
7. MICRO-GLOSS will not remove any damage that can be felt with a fingernail. This damage must be removed with MICRO-MESH cushioned abrasives. For more information please call 1-800-225-3006.
A. Use only 100% cotton flannel with MICRO-GLOSS. Cotton Flannel pieces may be washed and re-used many times. Keep flannel material clean and dry when not in use. Do not use flannel cloth contaminated with dried MICRO-GLOSS or Anti-Static Cream.
B. A TufBuf Polishing pad with a random orbital buffing machine may be used in place of the hand rubbing in Step 2. The buffer should be used with light pressure and should be kept moving across the surface using a straight line pattern. Avoid moving the buffer in a circular motion. When using MICRO-GLOSS on Polycarbonate and acrylic, the buffer must be held flat against the surface and kept moving to avoid "dishing" the surface, causing distortion.
Micro-Gloss a general all purpose water-based liquid abrasive which uses a one micron aluminum oxide abrasive crystal to achieve a fine finish on acrylics, plastics, polycarbonate, fiberglass, wood, silver, gold, copper, brass, paint urethanes, lacquers, and polyesters to name a few. This unique liquid removed hairline scratches, haziness, and halos untouched by other products. Contains no filler or wax that could cause yellowing. Remove scratches and imperfections with Micro-Gloss and buff back to optical clarity. Micro-Gloss will remove a 4000 Micro-Mesh or 1500 CAMI scratch pattern. Approved as safe for use on inside and outside surfaces of F-16 aircraft. Approved for use by Boeing, Spec D6-52021. Use by hand or machine with a TufBuf lambs wool polishing pad or foam sponge pad. Available in 1 oz., 2 oz., 4 oz., 8 oz., and gallon containers.
The same as Micro-Gloss, but with a five micron aluminum oxide crystal. Use when a more aggressive cutting action is required. Follow up with Micro-Gloss regular. Available in 1 oz., 2 oz., 4 oz., 8 oz., and gallon containers.
The final step to remove any residual haze. Use this polish to brighten and give a pristine finish. Available in 2 oz., 4 oz., 8 oz., and gallon containers
A soft vinyl conditioner which combines a high-quality carnauba wax with a soft cutting liquid abrasive. Use as the final step on vinyl convertible windows and boat side curtains. Available in 2 oz., 4 oz., 8 oz., and gallon containers.
This liquid contains a protectant and is designed to remove static electricity that could cause dirt and dust to be drawn back to your newly polished surface.
Environmentally safe, waterborne liquid buffing compound used for removing 7 micron or finer surface scratches on porous and non-porous materials. Also used to remove haze left from buffing pads and wheels. Excellent as a cleaner and maintenance compound. Use regularly to remove fine scratches from acrylic boat and motorcycle windscreens. Micro-Buff contains no silicones that would cause contamination. Cleans up completely with water, leaving no residue. Follow Micro-Buff with polish or wax to protect your finish. May be used by hand, on a cotton cloth. Use a medium density foam block under the cloth to eliminate fingertip streaking. May also be used with a low speed rotary buffer, using an all natural lambs wool polishing pad or a soft foam polishing pad. Available in quart and gallon containers.
A waterborne finessing compound, engineered specifically for cured paint and urethane coatings. More aggressive than Micro-Buff, Kwick-Kut cuts quickly and smoothly to remove 15 micron or finer sanding scratches and polishes the surface back to perfection. Use with a low rpm rotary buffer and TufBuf lambs wool polishing pad. Available in quart and gallon containers.