- MSAgilent Bruker Extrel JEOL Kratos Perkin Elmer SCIEX Shimadzu Thermo Varian Waters (Micromass/VG) FLIR/Griffin Inficon/Leybold/Balzers MKS/UTI Hiden Dupont/CEC Nermag Vestec Filaments Heaters/Sensors Wire Material Electron Multipliers Probe/Sample Vials Ion Transfer Tubes Calibration Compounds MALDI-TOF Supplies Ceramic Insulators Cleaning Supplies Other Filament Repair Source Cleaning Transfer Line Repair GC Injection Port Repair Vacuum Feedthru Repair Other Repair Services NIST MS Library Wiley MS Libraries SIMION® 8.1 Catalog Page A1 Catalog Page B1
- O-Rings (This Page)
- Viton® O-Rings are available in five different materials from Scientific Instrument Services.
- Buna-N O-Rings are available in five different materials from Scientific Instrument Services.
- Silicone O-Rings are available in five different materials from Scientific Instrument Services.
- PTFE PTFE is a popular o-ring which is white in color. The PTFE o-rings are popular for use in applications which require a chemically resistant and non-compressible material.
- Kalrez® O-Rings are available in five different materials from Scientific Instrument Services.
- Gold, Platinum, Silver/Tin Pure gold (99.99%) and pure platinum (99.99%) wire ring vacuum gaskets can be constructed from four diameters of wire; i.e. 0.020", 0.025", 0.031", and 0.040" diameters.
- Metric O-Rings Hardness range is 70 to 80 Shore A durometer.
- O-Ring Kits This convenient o-ring kit contains 30 of the most popular sizes, for a total of 380 o-rings, in one convenient kit.
- Metric O-Ring Kits This convenient O-Ring kit contains 36 of the most popular sizes, for a total of 5000 O-Rings, in one convenient kit.
- Viton, PTFE and Silicone Sheet Material These sheets are particularly well suited for cutting your own gaskets and seals.
Comparison of O Materials Used in the Construction of O-Rings
Each type has its advantages and disadvantages as listed in the chart below, and the type required depends on the O-Ring application. Of the various types of O-Rings available from SIS, Viton® is the most popular for mass spectrometers and other laboratory instruments. This is due to Viton®'s high temperature stability and good resistance to chemicals and ozone. Gold gaskets are used to make high vacuum and high temperature seals on vacuum flanges.
|Part No. Prefix||B-||V-||S-||T-||K-|
|Minimum Usable Temp||-65 deg F
-54 deg C
|-65 deg F
-54 deg C
|-120 deg F
-85 Deg C
|-110 deg F
-79 deg C
|-35 deg F
-37 deg C
|Maximum Usable Temp||300 deg F
150 deg C
|500 deg F
260 deg C
|450 deg F
232 deg C
|500 deg F
260 deg C
|550 deg F
288 deg C
O-Ring Dimension and Availability Charts
O-Rings are available in sizes (sizes 0, 1, 2 and 3) which correspond to the diameter of the cross section of the O-Ring. Within these groups the O-Rings are classified according to their inside diameter. In addition O-Ring Kits of the most popular sizes of O-Rings are available in both Buna and Viton®. If the size you require is not listed, it may still be available. Contact us with your requirements.
|Size - 0||0.04 to 0.07||0.031||5.25|
|Size - 1||1/16 (0.063)||0.0625||9.75|
|Size - 2||1/8 (0.125)||0.1875||18|
|Size - 3||3/16 (0.188)||0.4375||11.5|