- VacuumPumps Oils/Greases Gauge & Tubes Hose & Accessories Filters - Oil/Charcoal Foreline Traps Gaskets & Material Fittings O-Rings Pump Parts (Precision Plus) Quality Monitor System Distillation Control Acoustic Enclosures For Rotary Vane Pumps Other Vacuum Accessories Catalog Page F1
- O-Rings (This Page)
- Viton® O-Rings are available in five different materials from Scientific Instrument Services.
- Buna-N O-Rings are available in five different materials from Scientific Instrument Services.
- Silicone O-Rings are available in five different materials from Scientific Instrument Services.
- PTFE PTFE is a popular o-ring which is white in color. The PTFE o-rings are popular for use in applications which require a chemically resistant and non-compressible material.
- Kalrez® O-Rings are available in five different materials from Scientific Instrument Services.
- Gold, Platinum, Silver/Tin Pure gold (99.99%) and pure platinum (99.99%) wire ring vacuum gaskets can be constructed from four diameters of wire; i.e. 0.020", 0.025", 0.031", and 0.040" diameters.
- Metric O-Rings Hardness range is 70 to 80 Shore A durometer.
- O-Ring Kits This convenient o-ring kit contains 30 of the most popular sizes, for a total of 380 o-rings, in one convenient kit.
- Metric O-Ring Kits This convenient O-Ring kit contains 36 of the most popular sizes, for a total of 5000 O-Rings, in one convenient kit.
- Viton, PTFE and Silicone Sheet Material These sheets are particularly well suited for cutting your own gaskets and seals.
Comparison of O Materials Used in the Construction of O-Rings
Each type has its advantages and disadvantages as listed in the chart below, and the type required depends on the O-Ring application. Of the various types of O-Rings available from SIS, Viton® is the most popular for mass spectrometers and other laboratory instruments. This is due to Viton®'s high temperature stability and good resistance to chemicals and ozone. Gold gaskets are used to make high vacuum and high temperature seals on vacuum flanges.
|Part No. Prefix||B-||V-||S-||T-||K-|
|Minimum Usable Temp||-65 deg F
-54 deg C
|-65 deg F
-54 deg C
|-120 deg F
-85 Deg C
|-110 deg F
-79 deg C
|-35 deg F
-37 deg C
|Maximum Usable Temp||300 deg F
150 deg C
|500 deg F
260 deg C
|450 deg F
232 deg C
|500 deg F
260 deg C
|550 deg F
288 deg C
O-Ring Dimension and Availability Charts
O-Rings are available in sizes (sizes 0, 1, 2 and 3) which correspond to the diameter of the cross section of the O-Ring. Within these groups the O-Rings are classified according to their inside diameter. In addition O-Ring Kits of the most popular sizes of O-Rings are available in both Buna and Viton®. If the size you require is not listed, it may still be available. Contact us with your requirements.
|Size - 0||0.04 to 0.07||0.031||5.25|
|Size - 1||1/16 (0.063)||0.0625||9.75|
|Size - 2||1/8 (0.125)||0.1875||18|
|Size - 3||3/16 (0.188)||0.4375||11.5|