OHAUSE MB Series Moisture Analyzers combine high quality and durable construction into sleek, compact designs. the MB Series offer dependable, accurate, results for a wide variety of applications
- Flexible Performance - The OHAUSE MB Series provide accurate results from 0.01% to 0.1% readability. And with your choice of halogen or infrared heating, they are ideal for a wide variety of applications, from pharmaceutical and chemical to food, textile, wastewater and other applications.
- Simple to Operate - Set up an operation is extremely easy. Just press and hold the temperature or time buttons to set drying parameters, add your sampld and begin the test process. This makes the MB Series ideal for routine tasks performed by operators of all skill levels.
- Compact, Easy to Clean Design - The compact footprint of the OHAUS MB Series is designed to take up less space on any counter top. Their easy to clean heating chambers are ideal for frequent use and inexpensive maintenance.
- Advanced Applications - For more complex measurement, the MB45 also features statistical analysis, 50 procedure test library, GLP/GMP printing, and a dot matrix backlit display.
DescriptionOHAUS, The Leader in Value Priced, reliable Compact Moisture Analyzers
Designed to quickly, effectively and affordably measure moisture content, the OHAUS MB Series Moisture Analyzers incorporate state-of-the-art heating and weighing technologies that provide fast and accurate results. Perfect for applications in the pharmaceutical, chemical and research industries; versatile and rugged enough for continuous operation in food and beverage, quality control, environmental and many other applications. The MB Series Moisture Analyzers feature excellent repeatability properties for consistent accuracy during testing.
Model MB45MB45: The Advanced Moisture Analyzer
Using an Ohaus MB45 makes viewing percent solid, moisture percentage, time, temperature, weight, test ID, drying curve simple since it is all built right into the backlit LCD display. Ohaus moisture analyzers typically use halogen bulbs for drying. MB45 analyzers utilize the halogen heat source with ramped up voltage to save life of the bulb.
Compact moisture balance form Ohaus is perfect for environmental, quality control, food and beverage, chemical, pharmaceutical industries, and more. This fast, rugged analyzer gives you the flexibility you need and the accuracy you require for moisture determinations. The MB45 combines state-of-the-art heating with highly accurate weighing technology to deliver a faster, more precise method of moisture analysis.
Ohaus MB45 is the standard in high performance moisture content determination. The MB45 features multi-language display text (English, Spanish, French, Italian, and German), a sample capacity fo 45g, with a readability of 0.001 g and repeatability of 0.015% (using 10 g sample). An integrated database stores up to 50 drying procedures for maximizing productivity, simply recall the test from memory and begin.
- Four selectable automatic drying programs allow for easy one step drying, simply set the temperature and time and begin.
- Four enhanced heating options
- Statistical function for simple tracking and recording of standard deviation over time. The MB45 does all the calculations and provides the end result. Great for Quality Control and Assurance applications.
- Operating temperature range from 50 ° to 200 ° C in 1 ° increments.
Unique Auto Shut-off Options
- Choice of three preprogrammed end points for automatic test completion
- Custom design your own test end point criteria
- Timed tests with audible signal when finished
Enhanced Heating Options
- Fast - For quickest possible time to temperature
- Standard - For minimal overshoot while achieving temperatures quickly
- Ramp - for controlled ramping to temperatures
- Step - Set three temperatures for difficult samples
There is a temperature limitation when using the MB45 at high temperatures. The moisture analyzer is equipped with an overheating protection. at temperatures above 160 °C, a time limit becomes active. The higher the temperature, the shorter the time until the instrument starts to lower the temperature. At 200 °C the temperature will hold for 10 minutes then start to drop. It reaches 160 °C in about 50 minutes.
If you are working at temperatures fo 180 °C and above, it is advised that you wait 2 to3 minutes with the instrument lid open between individual measurements to ensure good reproducibility and avoid overheating of the instrument
Model MB35OHAUS MB35: The Standard Moisture Analyzer
The MB3 features a maximum sample capacity of 35g, with a readability of 0.002g and repeatability to 0.02% (10g sample). The intuitive software establishes a simple user interface with simple 3 key navigation for easy setup. the MB35 offers a straightforward one step testing procedure. The LCD display shows percent moisture, actual weight, actual temperature, and test time. the MB35 operating temperature is 50 ° to 160 ° C in 5 ° increments.
Models MB35/MB25OHAUS MB 23 and MB25: Basic Moisture Analyzers
The new OHAUS MB23 and MB25 Moisture Analyzers combine high quality durable construction and easy one button setup, making them ideal for operators of all skill levels. With a large backlit LCD display, standard RS232 port, readabilities from 0.1% to 0.05% and a choice of halogen or infrared heating, the MB23 and MB25 offer flexibility for any budget.
|Repeatability (Std. Dev.)||0.05% (3 g sample) 0.015% (10 g sample)||0.18% (3 g sample) 0.02% (10 g sample)||0.20% (3 g sample) 0.05% (10 g sample)||0.30% (3 g sample) 0.20% (10 g sample)|
|Readability||0.01% / 0.001g||0.02% / 0.002g||0.05% / 0.005g||0.1% / 0.01g|
|Sample Size||3g to 20g typical, 0.5g min.|
|Output||Bi-directional RS-232 with GLP/GMP||Bi-directional RS-232|
|Heat Technology||Halogen with ramped voltage to save bulb life||Infrared (no glass)|
|Temperature Range||50 ° C to 200 °C in
1 ° increments
|50 °C to 160 °C in 5 ° increments|
|Heating Options||4 (Fast, Standard, Ramp, Step)||(1) Standard|
|Shut off / Timing Criteria||Manual, Custom, pre set 1 - 120 minutes in 10 second increments or Auto||Manual, 1 - 120 minutes in 30 second increments to 60 min. 1 min. increments from 60 - 120 min.
|Manual, Timed 1 - 99 minutes in 30 second increments to 60 minutes, or Auto|
|Power Requirements||120, 240 VAC 50/60 Hz||100 to 240 VAC 50/60 Hz|
|Tare Range||To capacity by subtraction|
|Operating Temp. Range||41 ° to 104 °F / 15 ° to 40 °C|
|Calibration||Weight and temperature calibration
(masses and temperature kit sold separately)
|Display||128 x 64 pixel dot matrix
backlit LCD display
|Custom backlit LCD display|
|Test Database||50 procedure test library||NA|
|Results Display||% moisture, % solids, % regain, statistics, time, temperature, weight (g), test ID, drying curve||%moisture, actual weight (g), actual temperature and test time||% moisture or % solids or weight (g), temperature, time|
|Display Language||English, Spanish, French, Italian, German||English, Spanish, French||English|
|Pan Size||3.54" / 90 mm diameter|
|Dimensions||7.5" W x 6" H x 14.2" D
19 cm W x 15.2 cm H x 36 cm D
|6.5" W x 5" H x 11" D
17 cm W x 13 cm H x 28 cm D
|Net Weight||10.1 lb. / 4.6 kg||5 lb. /2.3 kg|
|Shipping Weight||14.1 lb. / 6.4 kg||8.5 lb. / 3.9 kg|
|Part No.||Ohaus MB Moisture Analyze Capacity||Readability||Pan Size||Quantity
|MB23||110 g||0.01 g||90 mm / 3.54 in dia||0*Standard lead-time for non-stock items is approximately two weeks depending on the item.||$2595.00|
|MB25||110 g||0.005 g||90mm / 3.54in dia||0*Standard lead-time for non-stock items is approximately two weeks depending on the item.||$3095.00|
|MB35||35 g||0.002 g||90 mm / 3.54 in dia||0*Standard lead-time for non-stock items is approximately two weeks depending on the item.||$3675.00|
|MB45||45 g||0.001 g||90 mm / 3.54 in||DISCONTINUED||---||---|
* Standard lead-time for non-stock items is approximately two weeks depending on the item. |
† Call for availability.
|Ordering information. International (non-US) prices available through your local dealer.|