- MSAgilent Bruker Extrel JEOL Kratos Perkin Elmer SCIEX Shimadzu Thermo Varian Waters (Micromass/VG) FLIR/Griffin Inficon/Leybold/Balzers MKS/UTI Hiden Dupont/CEC Nermag Vestec Filaments Heaters/Sensors Wire Material Electron Multipliers Probe/Sample Vials Ion Transfer Tubes Calibration Compounds MALDI-TOF Supplies Ceramic Insulators Cleaning Supplies Other Filament Repair Source Cleaning Transfer Line Repair GC Injection Port Repair Vacuum Feedthru Repair Other Repair Services NIST MS Library Wiley MS Libraries SIMION® 8.1 Catalog Page A1 Catalog Page B1
- Wire Material (This Page)
Scientific Instrument Services, Inc. offers a wide range of filament, heater, thermocouple and other alloy wires.
(95% Al/5% NI)Alumel is a nickel/aluminum magnetic alloy used in the production of thermocouples and thermocouple extension wires.
- Chromalloy O Chromalloy O wire is an alloy wire used at operating temperatures up to 1200°C. Its chemical composition gives good oxidation resistance especially under conditions of frequent switching or wide temperature fluctuations. Applications include heating elements in both domestic and industrial appliances and in control resistors.
(90% NI/10% CR)Chromel is a nickel/chromium alloy used in the production of thermocouples and thermocouple extension wires.
(55% CU/45%NI)Constantan is a copper/nickel alloy used in the production of thermocouples and thermocouple extension wires as well as precision resistors and low temperature resistance heating applications.
(OFHC)Copper wire has an extremely high electrical conductivity making it highly suitable for electrical connections and thermal conductivity applications.
- Gold High purity gold wire for a wide range of uses including gasket fabrication and sputter coating and other scientific applications.
- Inconel 600 Inconel wire is a nickel-chromium alloy wire for applications requiring good resistance to oxidation and corrosion at high temperatures.
- Inconel X750 Inconel wire is a nickel-chromium alloy wire for applications requiring good resistance to oxidation and corrosion at high temperatures.
- Iridium Iridium wire is the most corrosion-resistant wire known, and is often used for the manufacture and repair of filaments and heaters and electrical applications.
- Iron Iron wire is a resistance type wire often used for the manufacture and repair of filaments and heaters.
- Kovar Kovar wire is a nickel iron alloy commonly used in lead wire for mercury switches and in semiconductor devices. It is also widely used in power tubes, microwave tubes, diodes, and transistors.
- 50%Moly/50% Rhenium Blended wire is used in a broad range of applications in many industries.
- Molybdenium Molybdenum wire is used in a broad range of applications in many industries. Mandrels for making tungsten filaments along with leads, filament supports, and seals are among a few.
(80% NI/20% CR)Nichrome is a non-magnetic alloy of nickel and chromium. Nichrome is widely used in heating elements. It is wound in wire coils to a certain electrical resistance, and current passed through to produce heat.
- Nickel Nickel wire provides good corrosion resistance. It is most suitable for use in electronic components, temperature sensors, electrical resistance thermometers and other electrical applications.
- NI52 Alloy
(50% NI/50% FE)NI52 is a nickel iron alloy suitable for glass and ceramic sealing to metal. It is commonly used in magnetic reed blade switches, lead wire for mercury switches and in semiconductor devices.
- Platinum Platinum Wire is used in many applications including gasket or o-ring fabrication, thermocouples, electrical contacts, and heater coils.
- Rhenium Rhenium Wire and Ribbon is used to manufacture filaments for mass spectrometers and ion gauges as well as medical applications.
- Rhenium / Tungsten Rhenium/Tungsten Wire and Ribbon is used in the manufacture of mass spectrometer filaments and heater coil as well as in the manufacture of thermocouples.
- Rhodium / Platinum Rhodium/Platinum wire and ribbon are highly resistant to oxidation and corrosion at high temperatures and are used in the production of thermocouples
- Silver Silver wire and ribbon has the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of all metals. It is used to make lead wires for some mass spectrometer filaments and heaters.
- Stainless Steel Type 302 & 304 Stainless Steel wire does not stain, corrode or rust easily as ordinary steel wire.
- Tantalum Tantalum Wire and Ribbon is corrosion resistant and has good thermal conductivity. Some of its uses is in the manufacture of heating elements, vacuum tubes and other high temperature parts
- 90% Tantalum / 10% Tungsten Tantalum/Tungsten Wire and Ribbon has excellent corrosion resistance and is used in the manufacture of heating elements.
- Trophet "C" For the Repair or Manufacture of Mass Spec Filaments and Heaters
- Tungsten Tungsten is practically the only material used for electron emitters. The advantage of tungsten is its extremely low vapor pressure even at high temperatures.
- NEW - SISAlloy™
(Yttria/Rhenium Alloy)SIS introduces their new Yttria Rhenium alloy filament wire. In these studies we have discovered that by alloying Rhenium with a small concentration of Yttria, the crystal structure of the rhenium material was altered, which resulted in a stronger filament that is much less susceptible to warping
- Heater Coils Standard size coils are used on several mass spectrometer heaters repaired by S.I.S.
For the repair or manufacture of mass spec filaments and heaters
Scientific Instrument Services supplies a wide range of resistance type wires for the repair and manufacture of filaments and heaters for mass spectrometers, SEM's and scientific instruments. Wires such as rhenium, tungsten, platinum, and tantalum are often used for these applications.
Thermocouple wires such as alumel, chromel, constantan and iron can be used to manufacture your own thermocouples. In addition we supply a wide range of high purity wires including gold, silver and platinum for a wide range of uses including gasket fabrication and sputter coating. In addition to the wires listed below we can obtain other sizes and types. Call with your specifications for a price quotation.
Quantity discounts - 10% discount on quantities of 10 or more feet with the exception of gold, silver, and platinum.
Additional types of wires available on special request.
- SIS MS Filament and Heater Repair Mass Spectrometer filaments and heaters can be repaired and restored to a like-new condition at S.I.S.
- MS Filaments Manufactured by SIS SIS is the world's leading supplier of mass spectrometer parts and supplies.
- MS Heaters and Temperature Sensors Replacement heaters and temperature sensors for your mass spectrometer.
- Platinum Resistance Thermometer Elements These PRT elements can be used with precision laboratory and industrial instruments.
- Gold Wire Ring Vacuum Gaskets Pure Gold (99.99%) wire ring vacuum gaskets are available in four diameters of wire; ie. 0.020", 0.025", 0.031", and 0.040" diameters.