- VacuumPumps Oils/Greases Gauge & Tubes Hose & Accessories Filters - Oil/Charcoal Foreline Traps Gaskets & Material Fittings O-Rings Pump Parts (Precision Plus) Quality Monitor System Distillation Control Acoustic Enclosures For Rotary Vane Pumps Other Vacuum Accessories Digital Vacuum pressure regulator (VPC) Catalog Page F1
- Foreline Traps
- LN2 Cold Trap (This Page)
DescriptionSIS cold traps are on the "cold thimble" design. The surface of the cold thimble containing liquid nitrogen at -187 °C, being exposed to the vacuum system, rapidly condenses molecules in the vapor phase. This action provides the trapping effect, and cryopumping especially for water vapor the most common condensable in vacuum systems. Pumping speed for water vapor at the trapping surface is 95 liters/sec. per sq. inch. The vapor pressure for water vapor at the cold thimble is reduced to 10-21 Torr, "theoretical," producing a low base vacuum. other gases found in vacuum processes will be sublimated or liquefied at the cold trapping surface. This effect provides a convenient trapping or collecting mechanism.
- Electropolished 304 Stainless Steel Construction
- Electropolished cold thimble and trap interior. Provides resistance to corrosion, with superior vacuum compatibility. Reduces the effect of radiant heat on the cold surface.
- Easily removable cold thimble