for Edwards Pumps Models E2M0.7, E2M1, E2M1.5
Removes Contaminants From Vacuum Pump Exhaust
Vacuum Pump Exhaust Kit mounted on an Edwards E2M1.5 Pump
The Pump filter Kit for the Edwards Pump includes the Oil Mist Eliminator, Koby Charcoal Trap and all the fittings needed to attach this two filter system on the Edwards series of vacuum pumps. Included is the 3/8 Pump Adaptor which screws into the exhaust port of the vacuum pump. The oil mist eliminator then attaches to the NW10 flange on this fitting. This kit is to be used with Edwards models E2M0.7, E2M1 and E2M1.5 vacuum pumps. It can also be used with any other manufacturers pumps that have an NW10 flange type fitting on the exhaust port.
FK251 Filter Kit Assembly
|Assembly of the Two-Stage Exhaust Filter System|
|Part # KA1
Koby Charcoal Filter
|Part # QF16075CW
NW16 Quick Clamp
|Part # QF10050AP25
1/4" to NW10 Adaptor
|Part # QF10050ARB
|Part # A46220000
|Components of the Edwards Vacuum Pump Exhaust Kit - Part # FK251|
|1||A46220000||Edwards Oil Mist Eliminator, 1 Centering Ring, 1 Clamp & 1 Pump Adaptor|
|1||KA1||Koby Charcoal Filter|
|1||QF10050AP25||Aluminum 1/4 Pipe to NW10 Flange Adaptor|
|1||QF10050ARB||Aluminum Centering Ring, NW10, Buna O Ring|
|1||QF16075CW||Quick connect Clamp, NW16, Wingnut|
General Information on SIS Exhaust Systems
The Koby Charcoal Filters are highly recommended to be placed on the exhaust of vacuum pumps that are normally vented directly into the laboratory. SIS has undertaken extensive studies on the application and efficiency of the Koby filters when used on vacuum pump exhausts. Vacuum exhaust air which is exhausted through the Koby filter, has been shown to be cleaner than normal room air.
Figure # 1 - Effect of Vacuum Pump Exhaust Filtering
The chart above shows the steps in filtering air from a vacuum pump after 1.0 ml of gasoline was injected into the pump. The top chromatograph shows the low boiling organics as well as high boiling hydrocarbons that are exhausted out of the vacuum pump before any filtering. The second chromatogram shows the exhaust air after the oil mist eliminator - the oil mist eliminator traps the heavy hydrocarbons from the pump oil and returns them to the pump. The bottom chromatogram shows the exhaust air after it is filtered through the Koby trap - the exhaust air is cleaner than the normal room air.
For additional information and the results of our studies visit the SIS Application Notes on Vacuum Pump Exhaust Filters:
- # 82 - Vacuum Pump Exhaust Filters, Part I - Two Stage Vacuum Pump Exhaust Filter System
- # 83 - Vacuum Pump Exhaust Filters, Part II - Oil Mist Eliminators
- # 84 - Vacuum Pump Exhaust Filters, Part III - Charcoal Exhaust Traps
It is normally recommended that the Koby carbon filters be used in conjunction with an oil mist eliminator. The oil mist eliminator traps and returns the vacuum pump oil to the vacuum pump, preventing this oil from saturating the charcoal filter which will reduce its life. The Koby Air Purifier removes any remaining organic contamination which might otherwise be emitted into the laboratory air.
Kits for Other Vacuum Pumps are also available from SIS.
- FK101 - Exhaust filter Kit for Alcatel Vacuum Pumps
- FK201 - Exhaust Filter Kit for Edward Pump Models E1M5/8, E2M3/5/8, RV3/5/8
- FK251 - Exhaust Filter Kit for Edward Pump Models E2M0.7, E2M1, E2M1.5
- FK251 - Exhaust Filter Kit for use on Agilent MSD Systems
- FK261 - Exhaust Filter Kit for use on Edwards Model E2M18 and E2M28 Vacuum Pumps
- FK241 - Exhaust Filter Kit for use on Edwards Models E2M30 Vacuum Pumps
Oil Mist Eliminators and Koby Filters can also be purchased separately from SIS
Edwards Vacuum Pump Kit (Kit FK251) contains the Edwards Oil Mist Eliminator, Koby Filter and the fittings shown above. This kit is all you need to install the complete two stage exhaust filter to your Edwards vacuum pump models E1M5/8, E2M3/5/8 and the RV3/5/8.
Koby Charcoal Filters (KA1) - It is recommended that the Koby Charcoal Traps be changed monthly to assure the highest efficiency of exhaust filtering. But in lots of 10 or more and save.
Replacement Filters for Edwards EMF3 (A22304197) Oil Mist Eliminator (A46220000) - It is recommended that the paper filter in the Edwards Oil Mist Eliminator is changed yearly, or more frequently if very caustic materials are pumped through the vacuum pump.
- Low Pressure Disposable Air Filter/Purifier Koby filter provides high efficiency filtration at low operating pressures with minimal pressure drop.
- Replacement Element for Edwards EMF3 Oil Mist Filter Low Cost Comparable Replacement Elements to Edwards oil Mist Eliminators
- Koby Vacuum Pump Exhaust Filters/Purifiers Koby Filtration Products. Wide variety of purification units available.
(by Precision Plus)