Rigaku X-Ray Generator Filament and Heater Repair
Filaments for the x-ray generators manufactured by Rigaku, Siemens and Elliot can be repaired by Scientific Instrument Services. These instruments, which are used in crystallography, utilize coiled tungsten filaments. S.I.S. can repair these filaments at a large savings over the cost of replacement filaments from the manufacturer. The repair consists of removal of the old coil, cleaning of the base assembly and spotwelding a new coil in place. The coil will be identical to the original and will be precision aligned. The repaired filaments have demonstrated performances at least equal to the original filaments supplied by the manufacturers. We have repaired filaments for a variety of X-ray generator systems including the Rigaku RU-2000 and systems from Siemens and Elliot. Various shapes and sizes of coils are available, a few of which are shown below. This is not an exchange program. Your filaments are repaired and returned to you.
Replacement coils are also available.
Standard Procedures for the Repair of Filaments
- Inspected upon arrival at our facilities
- Cleaned completely
- Damaged or broken parts repaired or replaced
- New filament aligned & spotwelded in place
- Not an exchange program. Your filaments are replaced and returned to you.
For a complete description of this repair service see the section on Mass Spectrometer Filament Repair and Manufacture.
SIS is the world's leading manufacturer of mass spectrometer filaments Using our experience in repairing many different types of mass spectrometer filaments, Scientific Instrument Services, Inc. has redesigned several of these filaments to provide filaments that are less expensive for our customers, are more durable and have a longer life, and are easier to rebuild and clean. For a list of New Mass Spectrometer Filaments manufactured by SIS see the section entitled - New Mass Spectrometer Filaments from SIS
Package filaments carefully when sending them in for repair
Most filament glass parts and ceramic insulators are very fragile and are easily damaged during shipment. Therefore, please package all filaments carefully to avoid damage during shipment. We recommend that you package the filaments personally. Filaments should be packaged in a box at least 6 inches square using packing peanuts or bubble pack as cushioning. We recommend shipping by UPS or Federal Express for best handling.
Scientific Instrument Services, Inc.
1027 Old York Road
Ringoes, NJ 08551
All filament and other repairs are insured for $200 in return shipping unless otherwise noted.
Other Filament Repairs
In addition to the filaments described herein, we can repair many other filaments. If your filament is not described, contact us and we will see if we have repaired it before. If not we will be glad to repair it for you. In these cases, any information that you can provide such as a description of the filament design or construction, composition and size of the filament material, or drawings of the filament would be greatly appreciated. If possible, send us a filament for repair with at least a small piece of the original filament material intact. We will need some of this filament material to determine its dimensions and composition. Normal delivery on these special requests is 3 to 4 weeks when done for the first time. Subsequent deliveries will be 2 to 3 weeks.
PRICES FOR FILAMENT REPAIRS. Scientific Instrument Services continues to offer superior quality repairs at low prices. We have continued to expand our shop facilities and strive to improve our methods, techniques and materials. For the best prices, ship filaments to us in larger lots. This reduces the cost of handling and processing orders, thereby allowing us to pass the savings on to you. Filaments and heaters from various manufacturers can be combined to obtain the best prices.
Filaments from various manufacturers and models can be combined to obtain the best prices.
Return Authorization numbers are not required.
|FILREPX||Repair a X-Ray Generator Filament||$47.00†6 or more: 5% off.|
|† Quantity discount 6 or more: 5% off.|
|* Standard lead-time for non-stock items is approximately two weeks depending on the item.|
|Ordering information. International (non-US) prices available through your local dealer.|
- MS Filaments Manufactured by SIS SIS is the world's leading supplier of mass spectrometer parts and supplies.
- MS Heaters and Temperature Sensors Replacement heaters and temperature sensors for your mass spectrometer.
- Electron Multiplier Detectors Search over 200 electron multiplier detectors to match your instrument, mass spec, or other application. Multipliers from top manufacturers including Photonis, DeTech, and ETP.
- Ceramics Wide variety of replacement ceramic insulators for mass spectrometer instruments as well as ceramic tubing.
- MS Instrument Cleaning Supplies Lint-free wipes, swabs, polishing boards, Micro-Mesh®, and other supplies for the cleaning and refurbishing of scientific instruments. Everything you need from one source!
- Mass Spec Source Cleaning Service at SIS Expert cleaning & repair of mass spectrometer sources.