The Pump filter Kit for the Edwards Pump includes the Edwards EMF30 Oil Mist Eliminator, Koby Charcoal Trap and all the fittings needed to attach this two filter system on the E2M30 Edwards vacuum pumps. Included is the 3/4 Pump Adaptor which screws into the exhaust port of the vacuum pump. The oil mist eliminator then attaches to the NW25 flange on this fitting.
For Edwards Pump Models E2M30
Removes Contaminants From Vacuum Pump Exhaust.
FK241 Filter Kit Assembly
|Assembly of the Two-Stage Exhaust Filter System|
|Part # KA2
Koby Charcoal Filter
|Part # QF25100AP25
1/4" to NW25 Adaptor
|Part # QF25100ARB
|Part # QF25100CW
NW25 Quick Clamp
|Part # A46233000
|Components of the Edwards Vacuum Pump Exhaust Kit - Part # FK241|
|1||A46233000||Edwards Oil Mist Eliminator, 1 Centering Ring, 1 Clamp & 1 Pump Adaptor|
|1||KA2||Koby Junior Charcoal Filter|
|1||QF25100AP25||Aluminum 1/4 Pipe to NW25 Flange Adaptor|
|1||QF25100ARB||Aluminum Centering Ring, NW25, Buna O Ring|
|1||QF25100CW||Quick Connect Clamp, NW25, Wingnut|
General Information on SIS Exhaust Systems
The Koby Charcoal Filters are highly recommended to be placed on the exhaust of vacuum pumps that are normally vented directly into the laboratory. SIS has undertaken extensive studies on the application and efficiency of the Koby filters when used on vacuum pump exhausts. Vacuum exhaust air which is exhausted through the Koby filter, has been shown to be cleaner than normal room air.
Figure # 1 - Effect of Vacuum Pump Exhaust Filtering
The chart above shows the steps in filtering air from a vacuum pump after 1.0 ml of gasoline was injected into the pump. The top chromatograph shows the low boiling organics as well as high boiling hydrocarbons that are exhausted out of the vacuum pump before any filtering. The second chromatogram shows the exhaust air after the oil mist eliminator - the oil mist eliminator traps the heavy hydrocarbons from the pump oil and returns them to the pump. The bottom chromatogram shows the exhaust air after it is filtered through the Koby trap - the exhaust air is cleaner than the normal room air.
For additional information and the results of our studies visit the SIS Application Notes on Vacuum Pump Exhaust Filters:
- # 82 - Vacuum Pump Exhaust Filters, Part I - Two Stage Vacuum Pump Exhaust Filter System
- # 83 - Vacuum Pump Exhaust Filters, Part II - Oil Mist Eliminators
- # 84 - Vacuum Pump Exhaust Filters, Part III - Charcoal Exhaust Traps
It is normally recommended that the Koby carbon filters be used in conjunction with an oil mist eliminator. The oil mist eliminator traps and returns the vacuum pump oil to the vacuum pump, preventing this oil from saturating the charcoal filter which will reduce its life. The Koby Air Purifier removes any remaining organic contamination which might otherwise be emitted into the laboratory air.
Kits for Other Vacuum Pumps are also available from SIS.
- FK101 - Exhaust filter Kit for Alcatel Vacuum Pumps
- FK201 - Exhaust Filter Kit for Edward Pump Models E1M5/8, E2M3/5/8, RV3/5/8
- FK251 - Exhaust Filter Kit for Edward Pump Models E2M0.7, E2M1, E2M1.5
- FK251 - Exhaust Filter Kit for use on Agilent MSD Systems
- FK261 - Exhaust Filter Kit for use on Edwards Model E2M18 and E2M28 Vacuum Pumps
- FK241 - Exhaust Filter Kit for use on Edwards Models E2M30 Vacuum Pumps
Oil Mist Eliminators and Koby Filters can also be purchased separately from SIS
Edwards Vacuum Pump Kit (Kit FK241) contains the Edwards Oil Mist Eliminator, Koby Filter and the fittings shown above. This kit is all you need to install the complete two stage exhaust filter to your Edwards vacuum pump model E2M30.
Koby Junior Charcoal Filters (KA2) - It is recommended that the Koby Junior Charcoal Traps be changed monthly to assure the highest efficiency of exhaust filtering. But in lots of 10 or more and save.
Replacement Filters for Edwards EMF30(A22304057) Oil Mist Eliminator(A46233000) - It is recommended that the filter element in the Edwards Oil Mist Eliminator is changed yearly, or more frequently if very caustic materials are pumped through the vacuum pump.
- High Pressure Disposable Air Filter/Purifier by Koby Koby Filters are used to remove heavy concentrates of vapors, aerosols, and particulates from compressed air and vacuum air.
- Replacement Element for Edwards MF30 Oil Mist Filter Low Cost Comparable Replacement Elements to Edwards oil Mist Eliminators
- Koby Vacuum Pump Exhaust Filters/Purifiers Koby Filtration Products. Wide variety of purification units available.
(by Precision Plus)