SSQ/4500The Thermo filaments have been redesigned to overcome some of the shortcomings of the original filament.
This design incorporates stronger, round filament posts, which do not bend, instead of the straps used by Thermo. Bending would cause the filament to sag, lose sensitivity, and short out against the shield. In addition, we have lowered the shield approximately 0.25 mm. This also delays a sagging filament from shorting out.
- Stronger filament posts for better filament tension
- Harder filament ceramic body for accurate alignment
SIS is also offering this filament with our SISAlloy® wire.
SIS introduces their new Yttria Rhenium alloy filaments for mass spectrometers. These filaments resulted from an intensive three year study and investigation at SIS on mass spectrometer filament life and performance. In these studies we have discovered that by alloying Rhenium with a small concentration of Yttria, the crystal structure of the rhenium material was altered, which resulted in a stronger filament that is much less susceptible to warping. The new filaments perform electrically identical to pure rhenium filaments.
For more information, please visit the SISAlloy page.
- Thermo/Finnigan MAT Filament / Heater Repair Filament repairs for all of your Thermo instruments.
- Electron Multiplier Detectors Search over 200 electron multiplier detectors to match your instrument, mass spec, or other application. Multipliers from top manufacturers including Photonis, DeTech, and ETP.
- Mass Spec Source Cleaning Service at SIS Expert cleaning & repair of mass spectrometer sources.
- Mass Spectrometry - Thermo/Finnigan SIS supplies new parts or repairs old parts on your Thermo/Finnigan instrument.