- LiteratureApplication Notes Adsorbent Resins Guide Mass Spec Tips SDS Sheets FAQ MS Calibration Compound Spectra Manuals MS Links/Labs/ Organizations MS Online Tools Flyers on Products/Services Scientific Supplies Catalog About Us NextAdvance Bullet Blender® Homogenizer Protocols Micro-Mesh® Literature Instrumentation Literature Agilent GC/MS Literature SIS News / E-Mail Newsletter NIST MS Database - Update Notifications
- MSAgilent Bruker Extrel JEOL Kratos Perkin Elmer SCIEX Shimadzu Thermo Varian Waters (Micromass/VG) FLIR/Griffin Inficon/Leybold/Balzers MKS/UTI Hiden Dupont/CEC Nermag Vestec Filaments Heaters/Sensors Wire Material Electron Multipliers Probe/Sample Vials Ion Transfer Tubes Calibration Compounds MALDI-TOF Supplies Ceramic Insulators Cleaning Supplies Other Filament Repair Source Cleaning Transfer Line Repair GC Injection Port Repair Vacuum Feedthru Repair Other Repair Services NIST MS Library Wiley MS Libraries SIMION® 8.1 Catalog Page A1 Catalog Page B1
- MS Links/Labs/ OrganizationsIndependent Service Technicians Mass Spectrometer Service Labs University Mass Spec Laboratory Facilities Training & Courses Professional Mass Spec Groups, Meetings Academic Sites Government Sites Mass Spectrometry and Chromatography Companies Other Web Sites Local U.S. Chromatography Discussion Groups Employment Opportunities at SIS or Other Locations Exact Masses and Isotopic Abundances of the Elements
- Professional Mass Spec Groups, Meetings (This Page)
A number of profit and non-profit organizations sponsor meetings relating to mass spectrometry and gas chromatography. The following meetings, symposiums and conferences are open to further your education in the field of mass spectrometry.
If your organization is sponsoring a meeting and would like to have it listed here, contact us and we would be happy to include you in these pages. If you have a home page we can hyperlink to your page or we can also supply expanded listings of courses for your organization.
- local page on EAS The Eastern Analytical Symposium (EAS) (http://www.eas.org/) is a yearly conference on analytical instrumentation and supplies. Archive of Publications Scientific Instrument Services presented the following lectures and posters at the 1995 EAS meeting at the Garden State Convention Center in Somerset, NJ, November 12-17, 1995. "Selection and Use of Adsorbent Resins for Purge and Trap Thermal Desorption Applications" Poster Presentation #165 by John J. Manura. Tuesday, November 14, 1995 at 10:00...
- ACS North Jersey Mass Spectrometry Discussion Group Open meeting in NJ for mass spectrometer users.
- ASMS News For the latest ASMS information, visit the ASMS Home Page. What is ASMS? The American Society of Mass Spectrometry is the backbone organization of mass spectrometer users throughout the world. The purpose of the organization is to promote and disseminate knowledge about mass spectrometry and allied topics. Membership includes over 3,500 scientists from academic, industrial and governmental laboratories. Their disciplines include chemistry, geology, biological sciences, environmental sciences, f...
- Mass Spec Usenet News Group
Major MS Groups
- American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS)
Santa Fe, NM
- International Mass Spec Conference (IMSC)
- The Australian and New Zealand Society for Mass Spectrometry (ANZSMS)
- Eastern Analytical Symposium & Exposition
Montchanin, DE(local page on EAS)
Local MS Groups and Related Organizations
The following local groups routinely hold meetings on various topics relating to mass spectrometry, chromatography, and related topics with invited speakers. If you would like to attend their meetings or for additional information please visit the web site listed below.
If your group is not listed here and you would like to have your group and its meeting schedule listed please let us know. We would be glad to list any professional mass spec or GC group and include their meeting schedule. If your mass spec news group has a home page, we will hyperlink to it.
- ACS North Jersey Mass Spectrometry Discussion Group
- The Australian and New Zealand Society for Mass Spectrometry
- Organic Group of the Royal Australian Chemical Institute
- British Columbia Mass Spectrometry Discussion Group
- Chicago Section of the Society for Applied Spectroscopy
- The Chromatography Forum of Delaware Valley
- Madison-Chicago-Milwaukee (MCM) Mass Spec Discussion Group
The MCM-MSDG has been meeting since 1982. This group sponsors short courses on topics from "Interpretation to Basics" to "LC/MS" as well as meetings throughout the year. We also publish a members' directory every 3 years which includes members addresses, phone numbers and instruments used.
There are over 250 members from a broad geographic area. About 30 members are from outside Illinois or Wisconsin. The reason for the diverse membership is because this group has a quarterly Newsletter which covers many aspects of mass spectrometry in addition to Discussion Group news.
- Michigan Mass Spec Discussion Group
- Nebraska Center for Mass Spectrometry
- The East Tennessee Mass Spectrometry Group
- Greater Washington-Baltimore Mass Spectrometry Discussion Group
Other Professional Mass Spec and Scientific Groups/Meetings
- ASMS News
- Bay Area Mass Spectrometry Group (BAMS)
- California Separation Science Society (CaSSS)
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Mass Spec Usenet News Group
- Society for Applied Spectroscopy
- Federation of Analytical Chemistry and Spectroscopy Societies (FACSS)
- American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors
- Analytical Laboratory Manager's Association (ALMA)